Sorting movie collection

MSL_DK

I have a request regarding sorting. I have a movie collection where all movies are released in 2009. Is it possible to have a feature that sort by release date and if this is not present, by year?

There is no option to sort box sets in the server, I do not know about MBC. So if 3 films produced in 2009, these 3 movies sorted by name.

ewcrider

There is no option to sort box sets in the server, I do not know about MBC. So if 3 films produced in 2009, these 3 movies sorted by name.

If I understand correctly, you have a boxset which contains movies released in the same year.  On my machine it does seem to sort by year and then alphabetical.

I'd like to add that MBC does not sort by release date.  It sorts by year and then alphabetically. 

• 1 month later...
mediaGuy

If I understand correctly, you have a boxset which contains movies released in the same year.  On my machine it does seem to sort by year and then alphabetical.

I'd like to add that MBC does not sort by release date.  It sorts by year and then alphabetically. 

+1

Can we please get MBC to sort by release date.  Continually modifying the file/folders dates is a huge pain with an indexed NAS.

• Like 1

+1

Can we please get MBC to sort by release date.  Continually modifying the file/folders dates is a huge pain with an indexed NAS.

+2

I've been needing this for ages. The Android client and XBMB3C can do it, so we know it's possible. :D

• 4 weeks later...