SageTV going OpenSource

skl_mobile

skl_mobile

Hello Everyone, I have been using EMBY for a while, now, found some bugs, but it I am on my way to satisfying my SageTV replacement.

Now I am only posting this as this could help EMBY improve and become a better product.

SageTV's placeshifting/extenders, played video pretty smooth over the wire and wireless.

They also Upconverted Videos very well, and even at low bitrates, smoothed out the video.

These 3 things, if they haven't been improved by the time google open source's SageTV, could be helped by looking at the source to see how they did it.

I'm not saying emby couldn't do it, just pointing out that it is worth a look, if it's not done by the time they release it.

I would definately say a backend for SageTV for EMBY would be a great thing as well on a side note.

skl_mobile

Your right, i was just giving the developers some Ideas, I am not sure if any of them have ever seen how SageTV worked.

I actually think maybe EMBY could create a listener where the SageTV Extenders & Others could connect to EMBY, instead of a SageServer.

One Thing that I love about SageTV is the BMT's MetaData capabilities. It did not need categories such as TV, or Movies, It figured out what the content was if you used standard Naming Conventions for the files. Anime, TV & Movies. Something that EMBY could improve on imop.

Of course I need to ask questions now that I am thinking about it.

One Thing that I love about SageTV is the BMT's MetaData capabilities. It did not need categories such as TV, or Movies, It figured out what the content was if you used standard Naming Conventions for the files. Anime, TV & Movies. Something that EMBY could improve on imop.

We used to work that way but found it too limiting.  By defining content types we are able to support many more features and not box people into as strict a naming convention.

skl_mobile

We used to work that way but found it too limiting.  By defining content types we are able to support many more features and not box people into as strict a naming convention.

Oh, that makes sense.