Google Will Open Source SageTV Software

Latchmor

SHSPVR

admission of another Google failure?

No

It more an admission of all other DVR/PVR that can't do anything right.

Edited by SHSPVR

Spaceboy

Sorry, even after editing I have no clue what you mean. I am sure Google did not buy sage tv to open source it

SHSPVR

Sorry, even after editing I have no clue what you mean. I am sure Google did not buy sage tv to open source it

It could have been part of the deal they signed by SageTV so who know, What ref is all other DVR weather it hardware or software SageTV is well beyond them that gives you way more control over grouping, sorting, filtering of recordings and tons other thing. For example in SageTV I can just look at (and best yet sort by) original air date, and/or episode number from first to last or last to first but none of other DVR hardware like Hopper/Genie nor software of NPVR/WMC/Kodi software can't do this right it there way not our way oh and this drive me nuts there no way to Mark a Show/Movie Watch and it Display in TV guide same with no 1st Run Icon, HD Icon hell both the Hopper/Genie are so dumb it an't funny there limit on Show Favorites to 100 or 200 depend on the device and always re-record the same BS show over and over after all ready watch it doesn't even keep track of anything, I not sure about TiVo but wouldn't all be at surprise by it if it just as dumb.

It more an admission of all other DVR/PVR that can't do anything right

That what I mean by the above quote to you it the other way around there lot thing that SageTV can over all other.

Edited by SHSPVR

CalypsoCowboy

I'm still running SageTV. I'd love to see it developed in to a solid backend for MB3/Emby, but I'm pretty happy with the media part of MB3, I don't think I'd go back to SageTV except for the recorded TV.

-Josh

• 4 weeks later...
deuce9498

Sage TV was the best. Too bad Google bought them and just sat on it for years.

So much has changed and moved on since Sagetv went dark.

Google probably releasing ad open source cause they think it's dead and no competition or threat to their AndroidTV direction.

• 3 months later...