Multi part movies - 2nd part not playing

bob808

bob808

I have a few multi part movies - either called cd1 and cd2 or part 1 and part 2. These show both parts in envy server but when I play in kodi only part 1 plays. Is there a setting I missed to play both parts?

Thanks

Bob

xnappo

I combined all mine a long time ago.  We will look into it, but it is low priority.  Just merge em with VirtualDub - I doubt you need to burn SVCDs anymore :)

• 5 months later...

Hey...Media Browser was configurable to automatically play 2, 3, 4, or more "parts" of any multi-part movie.  Why wasn't that important capability ported over to Emby?  I tried playing a 2-part movie today.  At the end of part 1 it just stops, and there doesn't seem to be any way to play the second part even manually within Emby!  I have to go back to a DLNA client or other player, find the 'part 2' file in file explorer, and play it manually the hard way. 

Hey...Media Browser was configurable to automatically play 2, 3, 4, or more "parts" of any multi-part movie. Why wasn't that important capability ported over to Emby? I tried playing a 2-part movie today. At the end of part 1 it just stops, and there doesn't seem to be any way to play the second part even manually within Emby! I have to go back to a DLNA client or other player, find the 'part 2' file in file explorer, and play it manually the hard way.

What is important to you is not necessarily important to everyone else.... Multi part video files are not that common any more as they can usually be quite easily stitched together

e123enitan

mine works fine, you need to follow Kodi file naming convention my is structured as "Lord of the ring-cd1",Lord of the ring-cd2, etc. in Kodi you only see one file, but when the first file fished it jumped to the second second, this continues to as many files in a single set.

But remember to to turn combined split video.

Further reading:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies

\Movies\Avatar (2009)-cd1.mkv
\Movies\Avatar (2009)-cd2.mkv

4 Split video files (file stacking)

By using the following naming extensions and enabling Settings -> Videos -> File lists -> Combined split video items, you can enable "file stacking" for split video files. File stacking allows multiple video files to appear and play as if it were one movie file.

Hope you file this info helpful :)

Edited by e123enitan