Favorite Tablet

shaefurr

shaefurr

Just curious as to what people think is the best tablet. My wife has a galaxy tab 2 she wants to upgrade and were leaning toward the google nexus since it seems popular. She mainly uses it for ebooks. She had a nook color and a nook tablet before the tab and they kept having charging issues, the tab has worked fine but its just getting dated. How to people like their Nexus?

And do not recommend the ipad. I hate Apple products :P

Redshirt

I'm really happy with my Nexus 7. It's a nice size, and the price-point is pretty good too.

shaefurr

I'm really happy with my Nexus 7. It's a nice size, and the price-point is pretty good too.

Yeah the price caught my eye on the nexus

Edited by shaefurr

CBers

For a 7" the Nexus 7 2013 is the way to go.

If a 10", then take a look at the Nexus 10, or Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.

Edited by CBers

Good day,

Well, the one you hate, is the one best for what you are looking for :)

The "air" one look nice.

My best

GrotShot

Just curious as to what people think is the best tablet. My wife has a galaxy tab 2 she wants to upgrade and were leaning toward the google nexus since it seems popular. She mainly uses it for ebooks. She had a nook color and a nook tablet before the tab and they kept having charging issues, the tab has worked fine but its just getting dated. How to people like their Nexus?

And do not recommend the ipad. I hate Apple products :P

Favorite? Ah, you mean Favourite :D Queens English dear chap!

• Like 1

Just got the new Sony Xperia Z which downright looks sexy.  Which means I can use MediaBrowser in the shower without an issue.  :P

aspdend

I've had the Nexus 10 since release and it is a really really nice tablet - the screen resolution is superb...

Cheesegeezer

I have to say iPad, we have an apple family.  I have to say if you use iphones and ipads they integrate very well with each other, you can move seamlessy between devices that are on the same account and when you download an app on one device it automatically appears on the other, browsing is the same also.

Love it!!! Screen res is great on the retina's and even on the ipad mini without retina it's almost as if it was a retina.

The wife has had a Sansung Galaxy Tab 2 for a while and was very happy with it. She recently upgraded to the Tab 3 and is equally happy.

I have had the old Nexus 7 and recently upgraded to the new Nexus 7. 

The sd card slot in the Galaxy Tab's is definately a nice touch but depending on how much space you need it might not even be an issue.

For me the new Nexus 7 is outstanding. Lovely screen, nice a quick and a cracking price. It's the one I recommend to everyone who asks.

gthrift

My vote is the Nexus 7 (2013) if you are are invested in Google Play or it is your first tablet.  Get the iPad mini only if you are invested in iOS.

The 7-8" tablet is perfect for reading and the new high DPI screens make them good for media.  They are also lighter and just fit well in the hand.  10" tablets are great for media and games but too heavy and big for reading.  

Tharnax

I had a similarly difficult time choosing a tablet.  None really had everything and the ones that have everything are ridiculously over priced.  

Have an original iPad but really PO'd with Apple for not supporting it passed iOS 5, still use it but a lot of more apps are crashing on it then in the first couple years I owned it.  I almost purchased an Lenovo Thinkpad 2, runs Windows 8 and is a pretty good tablet at it's price point.  Picked up a couple of Nabi's (Nexus 7) for the kids and Nexus 7 devices for niece/nephew's last year for Christmas and they work okay.  The nice thing is I can buy one app and install it across all their devices.  Unfortunately, I had one significant issue with a Nexus 7.  The device was stuck in boot mode for a significant period of time and I had to spend countless hours researching a solution that would actually work.  It didn't leave a great impression and left my nephew who never backed it up... ever with a blank device so he had to setup everything again from scratch.  But at least I got it working.

Long story short... too late!  I went with an iPad Air 128GB Wifi only version, ordered on the 1st got it on the 6th.  Great little device, it's amazing how far it has come since the original iPad.  I hate Apple's ecosystem but I can't fault the device.  I got it over a week ago, I've only charged it once and still have 40% battery life on the second charge and I use it a lot.

gthrift

You're right about the battery life on the iPads.  My wife now has my original iPad and charges is maybe twice a month after using it around 1-2 hours a night.  My iPad 3 I have for work and use all the time will last a week on a charge.  

My 2012 Nexus 7 needs to be charged every other day, whether I used it or not.  

I just don't like iOS for myself and for my use.  It's too closed and lacks the ability to be customized but it's easy to use and to learn.   That's why I chose the iPad for our sales team at work.  

I'm getting a Surface soon and am interested in how it will compare with the iPad and Android.

Starkadius

Surface Pro 2 + BlueStacks =

• Windows 8 modern apps
  • Windows legacy software support
    • Mediacenter
    • Photoshop
    • Ableton
    • Windows games
    • Autocad
    • Turbocad
    • etc etc etc
  • Android Apps

A windows 8 pro tablet in combination with the free bluestacks software installed gives you android app support, you get the best of both worlds. This can be with any tablet running windows 8 PRO not RT. RT is as good as an ipad, just for consumption not productivity but android and ipad are better than Windows RT by a longshot. If you have no need to be be productive such as creating content, then the iPad mini With Retina Display that was just announced today is good enough or the Nexus 7 as suggested.

• Like 1

Logos302

I happy with Surface RT, and the Samsung Galaxy 8.9. Personally it has more to do with what you want out of it.  I also have an ipad as well and my daughter seems to like that one the best (she's two).  I here there is a mb client for Windows Rt coming so any tablet that has access to MB3 and that is all that really matters  :D.