Emby for Kodi - suggestion for delete feature

dresden7

dresden7

I'm using the Artic Zephyr Skin with the latest Emby addon from the beta repo on 14.2. 

When my wife tries to delete a show, it seems you have to go through to manage-->delete---> remove from library --> remove from server on the context menu from within kodi

Can this be simplified with maybe a different/modified entry on the normal kodi context menu to delete from server? Would this change come from the skin or from the addon?

I have another question that is related to this. Is there a server setting in Emby to "hide" a series if it has no current episodes? If an episode is deleted from within the series, it still is listed under the library (on both web client and kodi addon). I have been manually deleting the "show" instead of the episode but this seems counter intuitive after watching an episode.  Ideally, I'd like to delete the episode itself and this would "hide" the meta data/images from the library view on all of the emby clients.

Thank you in advance!! 

Edited by dresden7

xnappo

On #1 - you can use the delete key - you can map this on your remote.  I have it mapped to 'record' much to my wife's chagrin.

On #2, the latest version should already remove shows with no episodes.  It does take a while for it to update though.

dresden7

Wow you are quick!! Thanks for the support :) 

1) That would help skip a few steps, but it seems Kodi gives 2 confirmation msgs. One from the library and one from the server. Can this be changed to just one confirmation?

2) How long does it take to update? Is there a server setting to adjust this or is it addon related?

xnappo

1) I am going to be working on 'offer delete at end of playback' this weekend, and will see - but unfortunately this is pretty much native Kodi and I don't think so.  We can't add to the library context menu either.

2) About 10 minutes on my machine - but this should improve once we debug the event-based updates