Emby for Kodi - Multiple User Issue

spoopers

Angelblue05

Wow. I totally missed that, the log was impossible to read. haha

could be you dont have TV Shows in your other user

This could explain why when I'm trying to sync with my brother's server, it fails right after the anime, with this same error. I'm looking at the webclient, and the tv shows are there. I'm thinking maybe a timing issue? There seems to be a slight delay when loading views.

Edited by Angelblue05

tropicaljoe

Another observation,

Currently with numeric pin set for both primary and secondary profile, emby script error

If I go in and remove the numeric pin from both my primary and secondary profiles, I get no script error.

What I do get is many duplicates in the primary profile and the secondary profile works just fine. I have attached this log file as well

This was from a new clean system Kodi 14.2 on Win7 sp1 ( blew away kodi folder )

kodi.log

Tolotos

Hi,

I started from scratch (userdata deleted):

- Start Kodi

- Confirm server

- Set No HTTP

- Sync started

- After sync Movies and TV-Shows are visible

- Activate MasterPassword (no Profile only password)

- No Movies and no TV-Shows are visible

In the Iog I found

20:50:51 T:5816  NOTICE: Emby -> addEpisodeToKodiLibrary : TV Show already exists in DB : 870d370416968c145250dce3423c4f51 - Mord auf höchster Ebene
20:50:51 T:5816  NOTICE: Emby -> addEpisodeToKodiLibrary : TV Show already exists in DB : d870133b3b68f72b913dbcfe62f0e871 - Lebendige Leichen gibt es nicht
20:50:51 T:5816  NOTICE: Emby -> addEpisodeToKodiLibrary : TV Show already exists in DB : bbfe408591b16d1d0aeac41151444daf - Tot in 17 Zügen
20:50:51 T:5816  NOTICE: Emby -> addEpisodeToKodiLibrary : TV Show already exists in DB : 9262a9f54595ae8963fcf45b082339c7 - Mord à la mode
20:50:51 T:5816  NOTICE: onNotification:Input.OnInputRequested:xbmc:{"title":"Enter new password","type":"password","value":""}
20:50:51 T:5816  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
20:50:51 T:5816  NOTICE: onNotification:Input.OnInputFinished:xbmc:null
20:50:51 T:5816  NOTICE: onNotification:Input.OnInputRequested:xbmc:{"title":"Re-Enter new password","type":"password","value":""}
20:50:51 T:5816  NOTICE: onNotification:Input.OnInputFinished:xbmc:null
20:50:51 T:5816   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 7 ms for 25 items query: SELECT * FROM tvshowview
20:50:51 T:5816   DEBUG: CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [smb://STORAGE/HTPC/MediaCenter/TV-Serien/Adelheid und ihre Mörder/]
20:50:51 T:5816   DEBUG: CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [smb://STORAGE/HTPC/MediaCenter/TV-Serien/Alarm für Cobra 11/]
20:50:51 T:5816   DEBUG: CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [smb://STORAGE/HTPC/MediaCenter/TV-Serien/Battlestar Galactica (2003)/]
20:50:51 T:5816   DEBUG: CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [smb://STORAGE/HTPC/MediaCenter/TV-Serien/Chip & Chap - Die Ritter des 

Immediately after setting the password the script doesn't find the sources.
Edited by Tolotos

Angelblue05

@@Tolotos

Can you post the full log? Thanks

It is impossible the sync starts without your password. You need to be authenticated in order for the scan process to start. So I'm wondering why it's started and then it's asking you for your password.

tropicaljoe

I was thinking it was the profile having a password or pin assinged to it, but from reading the above post, its just from assinging a master password. I too did the following to test:

I started from scratch (userdata deleted):

- Start Kodi

- Confirm server

- Set No HTTP

- Entered password for emby plugin

- Sync started

- After sync Movies and TV-Shows are visible

- Activate MasterPassword as seen below

5528908db8737_password.png

-  After I hit ok in the above picture, No Movies and no TV-Shows are visible and I get a emby Script Error, log is attached

kodi.log

Angelblue05

@@tropicaljoe

Thanks a lot for the follow up. Have you tried restarting Kodi after setting up the master password on your Kodi profile? Does it prompt you for that password at any point to unlock your Kodi profile?

tropicaljoe

After restarting, I get the same, no Movies or Tv shows, the then error pops up "Emby Error"

I only have the master password set ( basically locks settings ) and not the actual profile itself, that is still set as no password or not locked, so it does not prompt me. The only way to fix is to delete the kodi folder and start from scratch, but when setting the master password, I can duplicate this error everytime.  This is a test system, so I dont mind blowing it away if you want me to test anything furthur.

I tried just removing the master password and resetting emby, but then I end up with duplicate movies and Tv shows

spoopers

Hi,

Still not working for me, created a new user, installed addon, got halfway through scan and Emby script error.

Can post a log if it is any help to you.

Regards,

Shane

spoopers

Yes, please do. Thanks :)

Hi,

Log below, sorry it took so long I was away. I tried it with the latest version of the addon and issue is the same. Syncs TV ok but then I get an Emby script error and it doesn't scan Movies. I have tried it on a fresh test user account.

http://goo.gl/cZ8gLA

Shane

• Like 1

tropicaljoe

AngelBlue05,

Has there been any progress on this issue. With the latest .30 still gettting errors when adding the master lock. No hurry but just hope this fix is on the radar to be fixed. thanks again

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@tropicaljoe @@Tolotos

Sorry it took so long to come back on the masterlock issue. This shows you how important it is to start a new thread when the current thread is not at all the same. It makes it hard to keep track. :) anyway...

I was wondering the motive behind wanting to active this feature. Is it to prevent other users from accessing your content via your Kodi profile? Let me know what's the reason behind wanting to use the feature, because we might need to come up with an alternative plan depending. Thanks!

Angelblue05

Hi,

Log below, sorry it took so long I was away. I tried it with the latest version of the addon and issue is the same. Syncs TV ok but then I get an Emby script error and it doesn't scan Movies. I have tried it on a fresh test user account.

http://goo.gl/cZ8gLA

Shane

Thanks, a fix is coming today for your issue. v0.0.31 - stay tuned. :)

Tolotos

@@Angelblue05 The reason for the master password is that I (and i think tropicaljoe as well) want to use different parental control settings (Kodi-Profiles). 

To setup different profiles with password protection Kodi forces to set a master password. 

The main part of our error is a multi user issue but with password protection. So I think our case fits to the thread as it is a "multi user error thread". 

• Like 1

spoopers

Thanks, a fix is coming today for your issue. v0.0.31 - stay tuned. :)

Um, looks like this made it worse, as soon as i set up Emby (v0.32) I get a script error now, doesnt even try import anything. I emptied out the test profile and even deleted it and started from fresh with same result. Log below:

http://goo.gl/E4QCN0

Thanks

Shane

Angelblue05

Um, looks like this made it worse, as soon as i set up Emby (v0.32) I get a script error now, doesnt even try import anything. I emptied out the test profile and even deleted it and started from fresh with same result. Log below:

http://goo.gl/E4QCN0

Thanks

Shane

Do you see anything in your server logs? If you can find "Kodi" device in your sever logs, see if Kodi connected to your server at all. This is your device Id: DC49A9B8AE434E0CAD4BC7FE98968DE9 which could help find anything relevant in your server log. Also try to enable Emby for Kodi debug level set to debug instead of Info and post your log.

Thanks for verifying.

Edited by Angelblue05

spoopers

Do you see anything in your server logs? If you can find "Kodi" device in your sever logs, see if Kodi connected to your server at all. This is your device Id: DC49A9B8AE434E0CAD4BC7FE98968DE9 which could help find anything relevant in your server log. Also try to enable Emby for Kodi debug level set to debug instead of Info and post your log.

Thanks for verifying.

Yeah I have a record of connecting on the server and it says I successfully authenticated from Kodi.

Debug log below I have named the machine Kodi is on as Ursa so it isn't confused with another machine.

Thanks

Shane

http://goo.gl/7s7BQH

Edited by shaneypoopers
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

@@shaneypoopers

I've checked your logs, are you using MySQL for videos? While you are using Emby for Kodi, you can only use MySQL for music only. If you are not using it, then make sure you remove your advancedsettings and try to install again. Let me know if this helps any. Thanks :)

If you need to use MySQL for your videos then I think you are better sticking to the Mediabrowser add-on for now as I'm not sure when or if it will ever be possible to use MySQL alongside Emby for Kodi.

spoopers

@@shaneypoopers

I've checked your logs, are you using MySQL for videos? While you are using Emby for Kodi, you can only use MySQL for music only. If you are not using it, then make sure you remove your advancedsettings and try to install again. Let me know if this helps any. Thanks :)

If you need to use MySQL for your videos then I think you are better sticking to the Mediabrowser add-on for now as I'm not sure when or if it will ever be possible to use MySQL alongside Emby for Kodi.

Hey,

I have MySQL set up on the master user account but not the test account. Would MySQL on another account affect the add-on?

I did remove the advancedsettings file from all accounts to see if it made a difference but I got the same script error.

I then put my accounts back to the way they were and tried from scratch with a fresh user account which is the log I posted.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@ @@xnappo

Any ideas on shaneypoopers' situation? :)

I don't think it's related to multi users, but rather to the initial sync...I'm not exactly familiar with this code.

spoopers

Ok, 

So I deleted the profile again, uninstalled the addon, dumped advancedsettings from all users and set up a new profile with a different name. I then reinstalled the addon.

It started to sync but stopped halfway through with a script error. Log below, tried it twice with same result.

http://goo.gl/wRai13

Thanks

Shane

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Tolotos

Sync is working for different users/profiles now. The database statistics display that there is content available but not movie or TV-show is displayed.