Emby for Kodi - Multiple User Issue

spoopers

Angelblue05

What do you mean, is there anything in the listing if you launch Emby for Kodi? What did you do exactly? I'm using multi profiles and everything is working as supposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tolotos

If I set the master password all lists (TV-Shows, Movies) are empty only the "Up-Arrow / .." entry is visible. 

Angelblue05

Yeah, this seems to be something Kodi side... There's nothing we can really do about it. From searching threads it seems you need sources.xml to be set for masterlock to show content. Bug? I don't know, but it's something that seems to be a problem with mysql or similar (Emby for Kodi) setup. If you want parental settings, it supports Emby access schedules. If you want to prevent UI modifications, you can set skin in Kiosk mode and perhaps move the setting menu item as a submenu item so it's move "away"...

There's really no solutions at this point, sorry.

Edited by Angelblue05

Tolotos

Hi,

I tried the following:

1) delete the <user data>\kodi folder

2) start kodi from scratch

3) add a video source in the "classical" way

==> movies are visible

4) set master lock

==> movies are still visible

5) remove source and clean database

6) install emby plugin

7) restart kodi

8) setup emby plugin

==> scan started

==> no movies visible

9) remove master lock

==> movies visible again

EDIT: Video removed

I think this is an plugin and not a kodi issue.

If you think I must enter something in the as.xml can you please give me the links to the mentioned threads?

Tolotos

Edited by Tolotos

Angelblue05

Just google master lock videos or master lock movies Kodi and you'll see what I'm talking about. This is a more recent thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=182440

The issue seems to be that since Emby for Kodi doesn't create a sources.xml, so when you use masterlock, it makes the content dissapear.

I don't think that we can make it work with the way we do things. But if you do get it to work somehow, report back. I've tried yesterday and was unsuccesful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

• 3 weeks later...
DaveB

Thanks for that link AngelBlue, I was having the same problem as Tolotos on Kodibuntu and mikeybhoy's fix of copying the sources.xml file seems to have done the trick.  My additional profile "everyone" required me to unlock sources to show anything in the movie and TV lists otherwise I got the same as Tolotos (only the "Up-Arrow / .." entry is visible).  Now it seems to work the way I want it:

- Master user, using EMBY user with no content control, protected with pin

- Everyone user, using EMBY user locked down to PG movies, unprotected

:)

• Like 1

DaveB

I tried a blank sources.xml file, but no joy on that one.  It works when I put a copy of the master user sources.xml file into the profile folder.  It also seems to work if I symlink the master user sources.xml into the other profile folder :)

Edited by DaveB
  • Like 1

Tolotos

That workaround will make the database entry visible. But now your everyone user can use the file menu to browse the sources without parental control. If the user start importing from the source.xml all entries are visible in the database without parental control. Unfortunately the Kodi developers are ignoring this issue - no answers in the forum and no fix. 

Edited by Tolotos

DaveB

Not so much a problem for me, it seems that having a populated sources.xml, be it a copy of the main user or a modified version, is the key to showing up the Emby movies. I don't store anything in the folders specified in the sources.xml, the Emby files are on a mounted drive.  Still possible for the movies to be added through Files mind you.  Oh well, hopefully they will make a proper fix but for now I will have to rely on the ignorance of a 9 year old... and remove the sub menu entries to the files!

• 4 weeks later...
tired dad

Thanks for that link AngelBlue, I was having the same problem as Tolotos on Kodibuntu and mikeybhoy's fix of copying the sources.xml file seems to have done the trick.  My additional profile "everyone" required me to unlock sources to show anything in the movie and TV lists otherwise I got the same as Tolotos (only the "Up-Arrow / .." entry is visible).  Now it seems to work the way I want it:

- Master user, using EMBY user with no content control, protected with pin

- Everyone user, using EMBY user locked down to PG movies, unprotected

:)

Hi, can you tell me which order you created the profiles to get the "everyone" profile successfully set up?  I get script errors now.

Thanks!