Audio switching 0.585

fuzzthekingoftrees

fuzzthekingoftrees

My studio Ghibli is all ripped from blu-ray into mkv. Video is h.264, then there is usually two audio tracks 1st one is Japanese, second one is English. On the web client and in kodi I can choose the second audio track. I can also set my user preferences to always play english if available and that works.

On the Samsung app I get the Japanese track 1 regardless of the preferences. When I try to change audio tracks using the tools button on the remote the sub menu for audio doesn't appear.

Is audio switching supposed to be working in this version?

"MediaStreams":[
{"Codec":"h264","Language":"eng","IsInterlaced":false,"BitRate":8230919,"BitDepth":8,"RefFrames":16,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Height":1040,"Width":1920,"AverageFrameRate":23.97602,"RealFrameRate":23.97602,"Profile":"High","Type":"Video","AspectRatio":"1.85:1","Index":0,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"PixelFormat":"yuv420p","Level":51,"IsAnamorphic":false,"IsCabac":true},
{"Codec":"dca","Language":"jpn","IsInterlaced":false,"ChannelLayout":"stereo","BitRate":768000,"Channels":2,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Profile":"DTS-HD MA","Type":"Audio","Index":1,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},
{"Codec":"dca","Language":"eng","IsInterlaced":false,"ChannelLayout":"stereo","BitRate":768000,"Channels":2,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Profile":"DTS-HD MA","Type":"Audio","Index":2,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},
{"Codec":"srt","Language":"eng","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":3,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Level":0}
]

fuzzthekingoftrees

I've been looking at the code behind this. I'm not much of a programmer so it's taking me a little while to get my head around. There seems to be two issues. The first is around chosing the default audio track and I can fix that succesfully but I don't know how or if you want my diff.

The second one is when GuiPlayer_Display.updateDisplayedItemsSub() calls GuiPlayer_Transcoding.start() GuiPLayer_Display.playingVideoIndex is undefined. I fixed this by default the video index to 0 if it's undefined, that fixes the audio menu.

Then it tries to call GuiPlayer_Display.stopPlayback() rather than GuiPlayer.stopPlayback().

Then there is an issue starting the playback again with the chosen audio track the error is

TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'this.playingMediaSource.Name')

I guess this is when calling GuiPlayer_Display.setDisplay() but I don't know enough about GuiPlayer.PlayerData.MediaSources[] to know why it is undefined at this point.

fuzzthekingoftrees

I can see where the problem is, there are some variables that aren't initalised in the current scope. I'll need some input from @@chessdragon136 to see where and how they should be set.

• Like 1

chessdragon136

If possible, can you upload a sample video (short & small!) to my onedrive (instructions in the reporting issues thread)

Thanks for your efforts!

fuzzthekingoftrees

I uploaded an mkv for you.

When I was looking at the code for handling subtitles I noticed there didn't seem to be any logic for handling the default subtitle setting so when I got the English audio working I was still seeing the subtitles which shouldn't be the case if you have subtitle mode set to default.

chessdragon136

Ok I see what I've messed up - basically a while back to try tidy my code i split the GuiPlayer class into GuiPlayer & GuiPlayer_Display, with the display element to handle graphical bits and player to handle the playback elements - it looks like i failed to pass through the playingIndexes in the setDisplay

@@fuzzthekingoftrees - Thank you! You have saved sime time - Can you post the default audio selection code, i'd like to see what logic you use. I assume you've seen mine in the versions file. The problem is, unless the audio is the first track i have to transcode it (stream copy actually)

As for the subtitle on audio change, no i don't change that currently. Maybe i should.

I'll push out a new build in the next 20 mins - i cannot test but im pretty sure im on the mark

fuzzthekingoftrees

I'm afraid that doesn't fix it the problem is that when you call GuiPlayer_Transcoding.start() in GuiPlayer_Display.js those indexes are all null so the tools sub options menu for audio doesn't get built.

Here's the section of GuiPlayer_Versions.js from line 172, the changes are on 174, then I've just changed the != to == on 200,208 and 213

var AudioLanguagePreferenece = (UserData.Configuration.AudioLanguagePreference !== undefined) ? UserData.Configuration.AudioLanguagePreference : "none";
	var PlayDefaultAudioTrack = (UserData.Configuration.PlayDefaultAudioTrack !== undefined) ? UserData.Configuration.PlayDefaultAudioTrack: false;

var SubtitlePreference = (UserData.Configuration.SubtitleMode !== undefined) ? UserData.Configuration.SubtitleMode : "Default";
	var SubtitleLanguage = (UserData.Configuration.SubtitleLanguagePreference !== undefined) ? UserData.Configuration.SubtitleLanguagePreference : "eng";

FileLog.write("Video : Audio Play Default Track Setting: " + PlayDefaultAudioTrack);
	FileLog.write("Video : Audio Language Preference Setting: " + AudioLanguagePreferenece);
	FileLog.write("Video : Subtitle Preference: " + SubtitlePreference);
	FileLog.write("Video : Subtitle Language: " + SubtitleLanguage);

var MediaStreams = MediaSource.MediaStreams;
	//---------------------------------------------------------------------------
	//Find 1st Audio Stream
	for (var index = 0;index < MediaStreams.length;index++) {
		var Stream = MediaStreams[index];
		if (Stream.Type == "Audio") {
			indexOfFirstAudio = index;
			FileLog.write("Video : First Audio Index : " + indexOfFirstAudio);
			break;
		} 
	}

for (var index = 0;index < MediaStreams.length;index++) {
		var Stream = MediaStreams[index];
		if (Stream.Type == "Video") {
			videoStreamIfNoDefault = (videoStreamIfNoDefault == 0) ? index : videoStreamIfNoDefault;
			if (videoIndex == -1 && Stream.IsDefault == true) {
				videoIndex = index;
				FileLog.write("Video : Default Video Index Found : " + videoIndex);
			}
		} 

if (Stream.Type == "Audio") {
			if (PlayDefaultAudioTrack == false) {
				if (audioIndex == -1 && Stream.Language == AudioLanguagePreferenece) {
					audioIndex = index;
					FileLog.write("Video : Audio Language Preference Found : " + audioIndex);
				}
			} else {
				if (audioIndex == -1 && Stream.IsDefault == true) {
					audioIndex = index;
					FileLog.write("Video : Default Audio Track Found : " + audioIndex);
				}
			}
		}
	}

chessdragon136

Yup my bad - my GuiPlayer_Display hasn't synced properly

As for the default audio, i get the change on 174 but the others looks the same as it already is in my code...

Edited by chessdragon136

fuzzthekingoftrees

OK, this is close. I now get the sub tools menu and I can choose the English track. Playback is stopped the log shows

Playback : Stopping
Video : Video File Analysis Results
Video : Codec Compatibility: true : h264
Video : Container Compatibility: true : mkv
Video : Resolution Compatibility: true : 1920x1040
Video : BitRate Compatibility: true : 8230919 : 8230919
Video : FrameRate Compatibility: true : 23.97602
Video : Level Compatibility: true : 51
Video : Profile Compatibility: true : High
Video : Audio File Analysis Results
Video : Codec Compatibility: true : dca
Video : Container Compatibility: true : mkv
Video : Channel Compatibility: true : 2
Video : Transcode Status : Stream Copy - Audio Not First Track
Video : URL : http://192.168.69.124:8096/mediabrowser/Videos/1fa4cf133bb130cd82d98ae4c52ef719/Stream.ts?VideoStreamIndex=0&AudioStreamIndex=2&VideoCodec=copy&AudioCodec=copy&MediaSourceId=1fa4cf133bb130cd82d98ae4c52ef719&api_key=c0cebf9d7bb74a6f8416d76321d6c737&DeviceId=BDCAAKYFDB4FQ
Playback : Player Initialised
Common.API.Plugin.setOffScreenSaver() id: Emby
TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'this.playingMediaSource.Name')

it looks like when GuiPlayer_Transcoding.start() is called GuiPlayer_Display.playingMediaSourceIndex has no value

The other patch is working fine though, you can see the default video and audio tracks are being found

Video : Audio Play Default Track Setting: true
Video : Audio Language Preference Setting: eng
Video : Subtitle Preference: Default
Video : Subtitle Language: eng
Video : First Audio Index : 1
Video : Default Video Index Found : 0
Video : Default Audio Track Found : 1

chessdragon136

ok when I get to a computer tonight I'll rework the code so it calls a function back in guiplayer as opposed to passing all these indexes through - that was the plan originally I think I just forgot and enables the tools menu before checking! Sorry