Photo Primary Images not being generated for some folders

Jvtm

Hi all! I am starting to use Emby (server v3.0.5518.7) for pictures more now and am running into some funky behaviors. 

When using metadata manager I see that some of my photo folders are not having Primary Images generated for them even after trying and Advanced Refresh. When I try to go in and choose one manually the manager wont load one up. These images are somewhat large (6016x4000 pixels, jpeg) but some folders that contain images of these sizes do populate primary images (see attached images for reference). 

I've attached the most recent log file as well to see if that helps. 

One last note, on some folders, when trying to view photos in the web browser interface some of these large-ish jpegs simply never load. Is there some size limit on images? These large images come from a Canon DSLR, if that helps. 

Thanks Devs...as always your help is appreciated.

JVTM

post-2361-0-73692800-1427250374_thumb.jpg

post-2361-0-31021200-1427250375_thumb.jpg

log file.zip

mariors44

why not try a test and resize one image to like 1920x1080 and see if that helps. I think those larger images are way to big. 

the smaller the image is = faster load times, less storage space.

Solid thinking. However the problem is not consistent. I have several folders with pictures this size and this only happens with some of them. I've found no discernible pattern as to when. I was hoping @devs might have some info about whether or not this is a known issue. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mariors44

I was just wondering do you need to have those images that big. (lot of space, long load times.)

You can also check the how-to section. Maybe your answer is in those sections.

The wife is a photographer... Compressing is out of the question. Besides, changing files isn't what I call a solution. If the software can't work with it that's fine. I just want to know if I should stop wasting time trying to get it to work and go with other software. To be clear, I definitely would prefer to be able to use emby.

it can. try the new release once that gets bumped to stable.

Thanks for the feedback @@Luke

I'll give it a go once that's ready. Is it just me or are photos the least popular of media in terms of user interest for using emby for?

• 3 weeks later...
briancanada

I am having the same problem with my pictures and it only started to be a problem after the Emby upgrade.  Everything else is good.  Love the new

Emby Client though. I am sure they will get it fixed its just not a top priority compared to videos and music videos.  Thanks for all the hard work guys and gals.