Auto Boxset Metadata change not detected?

Erik

Erik

Hello,

My daughter has a bunch of the tinker bell movies and they use to be under a collection (as per TMDB) of Disney Fairies Collection.

However, I discovered some of the movies under "Disney Fairies Collection" and some under a new "Tinker Bell Collection" which was due to a change on TMDB. (There is no "Disney Fairies Collection" anymore).

So, I went and refreshed all the metadata for all the affected movies and they updated to the new Collection ID just fine. I then ran a "Scan Media Library" then went into the Auto Boxset Plugin and did a refresh.

However, the movies did not migrate to the new "Tinker Bell Collection" and stayed in their original collections. I ended up having to go into the server's data\collections folder and deleting both collections and then running a media scan and the Auto Boxset plugin again.

So...is this the way I have to correct boxsets if they should change from the metadata provider? or should the plugin have been able to capture this change (Once I corrected all the individual movie collection IDs of course) and removed the now extinct "Disney Fairies Collection" Boxset folder, now that there were no movies associated?

Thanks,

Erik

Edited by Erik

To be able to diagnose we'd need the exact log from when you made the change and ran the refreshes.  That ID changing like that is probably not something that has been tested a lot.

Also, you don't need to go into the file system.  Collections can be deleted with the web interface.

Erik

ok, I did a quick try to get a good log. Here is what I did....

1) Restarted server (for new log)

2) changed movie "Fast & Furious 6" that was already part of collection 9485 (Fast and the Furious Collection) to collection 119 (The Lord of the Rings Collection - which I did not have)

3) Did a media scan and refreshed the auto boxset plugin

Result: no change to the movies in the Fast and the Furious Collection. However, as that would only have put one movie into the Lord of the Rings Collection as it only has 1 member so I continued...

4) Change movie "The Fast and the Furious" that was already part of collection 9485 (Fast and the Furious Collection) to collection 119 (The Lord of the Rings Collection - which only had 1 member)

5) Did a media scan and refreshed the auto boxset plugin

Result: Both movies now show under both Collections. So it did add the movies to the new collection, but the movies also remained in the old collection. Now I put them both back to the correct and original collection ID.

6) Did a media scan and refreshed the auto boxset plugin

Result: Same as in 4. The movies were present in both collection and must manually remove the old collection. I used the web interface this time.

Hope this helps, not sure if there is a way for auto boxsets to remove collections that now don't have any members. I know deleting is a sensitive issue so maybe at least removing all the members from the empty collection and then a notification that a collection now has below the minimum number of members specific in the plugin?

Thanks again,

Erik

Edited by Erik