MB Classic Crash on FF/RW

isquadz

isquadz

My MB Classic (latest version) crashes when I am forwarding/rewinding using the new internal player. I am able to reproduce it 100% of the time by doing this.

Play any recorded show for couple of seconds, then go back to MB classic and play a movie and start forwarding, in about 3 seconds it crashes and gives an error message and says  WMC Ui is restarting. Its WMC that is crashing and not MBClassic.UI.

I am using LAV filters and i think that might have something to do this.

I have spent countless hours trying to fix this with no luck, can someone please help me out?

Edited by isquadz

I'm afraid that is probably something we won't be able to fix in MBC but what, exactly, do you mean by "fast forwarding"?  True FF isn't really supported for most content but there are other ways to skip and jump.  Which one are you actually using?  Have you tried other methods?

isquadz

Hi, By FF i mean Skip 30 seconds (Settings in MB playback settings). Does that help?

This happens when i skip 30 seconds while playing the movie.

Thanks again for helping me out.

Edited by isquadz

Try one of the other methods like entering a number and then hitting FF.  That may or may not help.  As you noted, it is actually WMC that is crashing.  All we're doing is requesting a seek.

I always use the number and ff method and it never crashes on me but this may also be dependent on graphics drivers or codecs or the actual file format or any number of other things.

isquadz

To pass the WAT (Wife acceptance test) :) :), is there anyway to block a 30 second skip/rewind while a movie is playing ?

You can disable FF and Rew with the MediaControl compatibility option but not skip forward and back.

• 1 year later...
muranoone

For a long time I've been dealing with this even after fresh installs....Very Frustrating and I refrain from showing off MBC like I used to it looks bad and unstable.

This Crash occurs with the built-in Codecs that MBC uses to play MP4's after playing a RecTV program.

Also this issue can make watching 3D Movies unbearable with Total Media Theatre app.  

I use NVIDIA GTX 960 with Driver 360.00

Intel i7 4770

For a long time I've been dealing with this even after fresh installs....Very Frustrating and I refrain from showing off MBC like I used to it looks bad and unstable.

This Crash occurs with the built-in Codecs that MBC uses to play MP4's after playing a RecTV program.

Also this issue can make watching 3D Movies unbearable with Total Media Theatre app.  

I use NVIDIA GTX 960 with Driver 360.00

Intel i7 4770

We're very sorry but please understand, Emby for WMC simply passes the video off to the stock Windows Media Center video player. That means you are solely responsible for making sure the video is playable by ensuring that the necessary codec software is installed and functioning properly. Our newer apps built with more modern technologies our different and much easier to setup, but that's just the way that Windows Media Center works.

muranoone

I am very much aware of how EMBY works and I appreciate your courtesy. I absolutely love this app its one of the best apps developed and maintained on the PC market.  

I have been using this app since MediaBrowser was first launched early Donator.. I realize that many issues are from windows OS or windows updates installed.

Bugs are to be expected, not an issue for me they are usually fixed quickly so no complaints here.

This particular issue is the audio codec gets locked and causes a crash in WMC the solution for me was to remove Exclusive Control in the Audio Properties I hope it works for others. 

This issue is no fault or Bug from EMBY its a Windows OS "snag". 

Keep up the excellent work!  I always look forward to EMBY Updates !!!