Kodi on Minix Neon x8h Plus

MSattler

MSattler

So I have this new Minix Neon x8h Plus, using Mediabrowser and XBM3C, and it just seems to be dog slow in pulling up my content.  From click on My Movies, Kids Movies, until it gives me the listing can take 7-10 seconds.  Is this normal?

This is why I didn't bother using this method on the Nexus and Fire TV Stock, I thought it may be faster but no cigar..

Thanks!

MSattler

We have something new in the works :)

Add me to the beta list =)

If you could make kodi look as good as the android client, just as fast as it, with direct playback capability and I'd be happy as hell!

Macburp

So I have this new Minix Neon x8h Plus, using Mediabrowser and XBM3C, and it just seems to be dog slow in pulling up my content.  From click on My Movies, Kids Movies, until it gives me the listing can take 7-10 seconds.  Is this normal?

This is why I didn't bother using this method on the Nexus and Fire TV Stock, I thought it may be faster but no cigar..

Thanks!

Have you tried the android app on this box? Any feedback on how you got on with it would be appreciated.

Vidman

So I have this new Minix Neon x8h Plus, using Mediabrowser and XBM3C, and it just seems to be dog slow in pulling up my content. From click on My Movies, Kids Movies, until it gives me the listing can take 7-10 seconds. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Have you tried playing around with the enable fast processing option in the add-on... Also disabling people and overview options helps apparently as well
  • Like 1

MSattler

Have you tried the android app on this box? Any feedback on how you got on with it would be appreciated.

The classic android -mb app?  Yes it works fine.  As for the AndroidTV MB app, I'm not sure it would run on this, since Android TV MB App runs on Lollipop and the Minix Neo x8 Plus runs on KitKat.

MSattler

Have you tried playing around with the enable fast processing option in the add-on... Also disabling people and overview options helps apparently as well

Thanks!

Edited by MSattler

xnappo

It is a whole new way to use Kodi with MediaBrowser.  It is still in pre-alpha, but progressing well.  

MSattler

It is a whole new way to use Kodi with MediaBrowser.  It is still in pre-alpha, but progressing well.  

So this is something different than the UPNP/DLNA method?

xnappo

Well - no harm in telling you what we are doing - @@marcelveldt came up with a way to do what has been talked about a lot - synchronize the MB3 and Kodi databases.  There are still a few kinks to work out(with @@im85288 and @ and myself chipping in) before we open for testing, but it will be a much more native Kodi experience - no custom skins needed.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 3

dark_slayer

Cool

Native library replacement instead of python

I hadn't mentioned it, but in the meantime I've just been running a native mysql library on the lan for a couple months and using trakt to keep my watched statuses synchronized between the two. My nexus player couldn't keep up otherwise

marcelveldt

Cool

Native library replacement instead of python

I hadn't mentioned it, but in the meantime I've just been running a native mysql library on the lan for a couple months and using trakt to keep my watched statuses synchronized between the two. My nexus player couldn't keep up otherwise

are you willing to join us alpha testing our new project ? I know you have a large collection and looking for a solution for the slow experience with the addon... Please send me or xnappo a PM.

• Like 1

dark_slayer

are you willing to join us alpha testing our new project ? I know you have a large collection and looking for a solution for the slow experience with the addon... Please send me or xnappo a PM.

sent

MSattler

Now that the HD Homerun Live TV Plugin is available, your new implementation could make this a top notch approach!

Dpickles

Well - no harm in telling you what we are doing - @@marcelveldt came up with a way to do what has been talked about a lot - synchronize the MB3 and Kodi databases.  There are still a few kinks to work out(with @@im85288 and @ and myself chipping in) before we open for testing, but it will be a much more native Kodi experience - no custom skins needed.

Would this allow for faster load times on a Raspberry Pi? I've currently got Kodi and the MediaBrowser addon setup throughout multiple rooms within my house. I find that using the Raspberry Pi a very poor exerience and generally just use the chromecast in the guest room at the moment instead. I would love to make use of my Raspberry Pi though, at the moment it's mostly being used for RetroPie.

Sounds exciting.