Completed Feature Requests

CBers

FrostByte

FR: use server options for playing subtitles.  For instance if you have your profile options set to Always Play subtitles then it would transcode the subtitle before starting.  Right now you have to start the movie, select tools, select your subtitle, and then it transcodes the movie and restarts

chessdragon136

FR: use server options for playing subtitles.  For instance if you have your profile options set to Always Play subtitles then it would transcode the subtitle before starting.  Right now you have to start the movie, select tools, select your subtitle, and then it transcodes the movie and restarts

Well the reason i didnt use the settings was due to many films having subtitles in the same language as the audio but the language markers were "und" (undefined) in the files, so it would thus load subtitles. With that in mind, i didn't want to always be transcoding files when it wasnt necessary, so letting the user do it during playback made it a user choice.

It's an area i need to work on. 

FrostByte

I see your point.  I think one of the options on the server is "No Subtitles" which would be like it is now with the app I suppose for those who have their subtitle languages undefined as you mentioned.  They could always manually force the one they want at play time like it is now.  Available options (Default, Only Forced, Always Play, and No Subtitles).  Just an option to consider down the road.  Thanks

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

@@DrWatson - I think you'll find its the TV's Smart Hub needing internet connectivity rather than the app.

A good FR though if it can be coded around the problem.

I had the same issue a couple of months ago and I couldn't use the app, my chromecast or Fire TV to access MB.

Edited by CBers

DrWatson

@@DrWatson - I think you'll find its the TV's Smart Hub needing internet connectivity rather than the app.

A good FR though if it can be coded around the problem.

I had the same issue a couple of months ago and I couldn't use the app, my chromecast or Fire TV to access MB.

Ya i suspect that may be the case - I hope not but i think so.

Edited by DrWatson

CBers

@@MatthewS

My requests...1) Please fix video scaling (ie let the user cycle through various zoom/crop settings)2) Please fix subtitles (Doesn't currently work with .550a for .MKV)3) Please fix audio track selection (Doesn't currently work with .550a for .MKV)If these basic features could be added/fixed this app would be perfect!

Have updated to v0.550b?

Ok new update pushed - 0.550b

Audio selection fix

aac transcode fix

Changed what images are displayed in some views

Probably some other things i cant remember

Edited by CBers

MatthewS

@@MatthewS

Have updated to v0.550b?

Thx, yes Ive updated to 550B now and the audio track selection works now.

However the subtitles still don't work, and it would be nice if video zoom/crop could be implemented.

FrostByte

FR: Use same sort order as webclient, or have an option to change it in the app.  For instance I have Harry Potter sorted by release date in the webclient so they can be viewed in the order one would watch them.  However, the app displays them sorted in numeric/alpha order.

Thanks

• Like 1

chessdragon136

FR: Use same sort order as webclient, or have an option to change it in the app.  For instance I have Harry Potter sorted by release date in the webclient so they can be viewed in the order one would watch them.  However, the app displays them sorted in numeric/alpha order.

Thanks

I believe the app sorts by SortName - Offering a choice is really difficult as that would be on a per view basis would it not - In truth this isnt possible and you may be better off changing the sort name to reflect the film order. 

CBers

FR: Use same sort order as webclient, or have an option to change it in the app. For instance I have Harry Potter sorted by release date in the webclient so they can be viewed in the order one would watch them. However, the app displays them sorted in numeric/alpha order.

Thanks

For Harry Potter, wouldn't they be in release date order in a collection?

FrostByte

For Harry Potter, wouldn't they be in release date order in a collection?

I have them in a boxset collection and they show up in release date order in the webclient.  So I'll try playing with a non boxset collection also and the sort order which is blank now.  Thanks

CBers

@@chessdragon136 - is there any way of pausing playback of photos and then resuming them?

Also, referring back to overlaying of exif data for photos, the Android app does just that, so perhaps @@ebr might have a solution you could use?

Thanks.

FrostByte

In the metadata editor I have the Title display order set as "Release date" for all my collections.  Nothing global that I know of.  Works good for most collections unless there is a prequel

• Like 1

cragjagged

@@CBers with regards to the exif overlay for library photos this will be coming in a future update also. 0.550c has introduced an early version of a title overlay on metadata images only. It shouldn't be too much work to expand this to the exif data the server is picking up from library photos.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I guess server settings would be best vs making an app setting if possible since people can have a mixture.  Most of mine are by release date, but I found one collection Star Wars which has display order set at sort name. 

Edited by FrostByte

ginjaninja

@@CBers it's definitely configurable and could be exposed as a setting. Might be one to add to the list in the future    

The ability to move the position on a timeline and press go would also be very useful..am i right in saying that currently there is no way to seek a file other than chapters and +/- 30 seconds jumps....

Having an image as you seek through is a bonus for direct play...maybe the samsung could use the roku bif files otherwise?

time entry would also be a bonus...

but faster/more intuitive ad hoc seek i think is the most useful.......in the absence of any new functionality..i would welcome setting + to 5 mins and - to 1 min......to more quickly seek through a file...

cragjagged

I know what you mean. At the moment the only way to practically jump around long videos is using the chapters from the item details page. However, because of the small amount of screen real estate there is to work with there's no images there to help you out with choosing a chapter like there are in most of the other clients.

It's definitely an area i'd like to look at making some improvements on. 

CBers

Configurable FF/RW I think is the way to go ;)

Chapters are already set to 5 minute chapters.

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

I plan on adding chapter select during playback soon. While not a slider like i want to get this will be a quick means to get large jumps into the player quickly

• Like 2