Completed Feature Requests

CBers

CBers

Hi All,

I've closed the old thread and started a new one simply as I was getting lots of PM's about features which were in the old request but due to my absence I haven't implemented / answered on. As such, I've listed them below with my answers and of course, feel free to make suggestions. 

Note: Any Video Playback issues or Transcoding issues please post in the Video Playback Issues thread

1. Monochrome Icons - No, I think the colour is needed and its too much work for a tiny part of the app
2. Help Page - Make a proper page of it, link in Tools menu and have it page dependant My suggestion as its severely needed now! 
3. Show synopsis on info button press I'll ponder on this, the GUI during video playback needs a bit of work
4. Multiple episode files - Need to support them in the UI - Possible length issues!!!
5. Rotating backdrops on Music - im85288, this is all yours!
6. Saving the value of the option to save the password or not would mean I would be less likely to forget to reset it each time.

7. Adding an option to the tools menu to "Log out and forget password" would make it faster and easier to perform those operations

8. Providing a toast or dialog for feedback that the password was forgotten after a yellow key press would set my mind at ease that the action had actually been accepted by the program.

1. Would still like this option, or at least all be the same colour. MKV is blue, 16:9 (and other ARs) is green and the other icons are gold.

11. This may be a long way off, as still trying to work out how the info is currently gathered and displayed.

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

1. You see I like that, different colours for what they mean. But each to their own. You have the source code now so the first thing would be to make monochrome versions of the icons (if they don't exist already) 

11. I've just sent you a PM, I hope it helps learn some bits. Take your time - I really appreciate that you're willing to help work on this

1. You see I like that, different colours for what they mean. But each to their own. You have the source code now so the first thing would be to make monochrome versions of the icons (if they don't exist already) 

11. I've just sent you a PM, I hope it helps learn some bits. Take your time - I really appreciate that you're willing to help work on this

1. The icons currently aren't monochrome as we discussed when you first used them chess however would be a simple job for someone to change. Believe they are still available in the art section.

• Like 1

im85288

12. I'm pretty sure this is handled correctly as long as we pass the userid with every call.

I would love to have rotating backdrops on the music section (as a Kodi guy I got used to a cool plugin called artist slideshow that did this), so I may delve into that if others think it would be a good idea.

Possibly we should add support for Playlists and also Searching your media...all nice to haves I think.

chessdragon136

Thanks, I've added them up to the top post.

@@im85288 - If you want to take any of the tasks just let me know / moderate the post - I'm going to work on the help pages and the screensaver

• Like 2

If there is real demand for the monochrome versions of the icons im happy to do them but dont have much spare time and so will take a while as there are quite a few. If someone wants to do it themselves in the meantime, that may be quicker. Just a note chessdragon, have you used all of the icons or are some not required in the app?

grimfandango

I know this as been mentioned a few times in the past but I will add it to the new thread.

FR: ability to turn off transcoding

+1 to play all for TV series.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

CBers

I know this as been mentioned a few times in the past but I will add it to the new thread.

FR: ability to turn off transcoding

Turn off transcoding ?? Under what circumstances ??

If your Samsung TV won't play the format of the video(s) you have, then transcoding is the only way.

grimfandango

The app transcoded some of the higher bit rate movies, my TV is a hu8500 and all the movies direct play via plex app regardless of bit rate. Transcoding just puts too much strain on the server and if a movie does not direct play I would rather it didn't.

chessdragon136

Ok, to cut this short here please as its not soo much a feature request as an issue - If the file plays direct in other apps then it is an issue with my transcoding algorithm and it needs adjusting to compensate

I've created a new thread - Video Playback Issues (http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/17226-video-playback-issues/) Its locked currently but once i have a guide as to the details I need from users to look into the issue I can then go and play.. Its made more complicated in that the file may play on your H series tv but not an older D series - This is something that needs to be added to the routine but it is incredibly difficult! 

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 2

im85288

Thanks, I've added them up to the top post.

@@im85288 - If you want to take any of the tasks just let me know / moderate the post - I'm going to work on the help pages and the screensaver

@@chessdragon136 - I haven't picked anything up yet but was wondering if you had looked at the issue I reported with channels...all the artwork etc was fine, it was only when trying to play an item (in my case a trailer) that nothing happened.

grimfandango

Hi chessdragon136, as soon as the guide is up I will look to pass on all the details I can. As I have no coding skills I need to start contributing in other ways. I really appreciate the hard work of everyone involved.

Thanks

• Like 1

chessdragon136

@@im85288 - Only minimal testing and it seems to work for me - I do know the transcode code for http is flakey though, and I really need someone who is good at transcode logic to sift through my code and say yes/no/needs improvement... One of those i'd like to actually talk to the person too, is hard to explain it all in text!

Just about to push some code up that adds a screensaver - think people will like it - has 1920x1080 image display ;) Needs serious testing before enabled, will host on my Dev hosting server over the weekend - enable disable in Main.JS like everything else.

chessdragon136

Not too much then ;) No just joking they're all good points mostly

I think the channel buttons may enable skipping through large collections by letter (enabled on most views) - Prefer this to grouping as that is a lot of work unless its in the API

ginjaninja

Tv next up home page Feature requests/suggestions

Tv next up max length to be longer..currently truncates server list.

Tv next up does not show resume indicator when applicable.

Thanks for considering

chessdragon136

@@DaN @@crashkelly @@MrFlux @@maximumentropy

User login feedback please:

I've spent a few hours looking into this and have the following in my test setup:

When a user logs in with no password logs in no problem

When a user logs in with password, password entry box is shown along with an option to save the password or not, default is true

If user selects true, password is saved and isnt required on further login, ig user selects false, password will be needed on next entry

Pressing the yellow button from the user login page will delete all saved passwords for accounts which have passwords.

Does this work for you?

Edited by chessdragon136

crashkelly

@@DaN @@crashkelly @@MrFlux @@maximumentropy

User login feedback please:

I've spent a few hours looking into this and have the following in my test setup:

When a user logs in with no password logs in no problem

When a user logs in with password, password entry box is shown along with an option to save the password or not, default is true

If user selects true, password is saved and isnt required on further login, ig user selects false, password will be needed on next entry

Pressing the yellow button from the user login page will delete all saved passwords for accounts which have passwords.

Does this work for you?

Hi,

I will give this a look today. Would have gotten to it sooner but was away for a couple of days.

Cheers and thanks for the work

CrashKelly

CBers

@@chessdragon136 - I like the screensaver as I get to see images from movies etc that I wouldn't otherwise see, but it made me think of an enhancement possibility.

Would it be too much work if the screensaver picked up photos from your Photo library as the screensaver rather than movie images?

Would also like to see an option to change the delay before the screensaver kicks in.

Thanks.

Edited by CBers

ginjaninja

@@chessdragon136 - I like the screensaver as I get to see images from movies etc that I wouldn't otherwise see, but it made me think of an enhancement possibility.

Would it be too much work if the screensaver picked up photos from your Photo library as the screensaver rather than movie images?

Would also like to see an option to change the delay before the screensaver kicks in.

Thanks.

+1 to choose the media folder(s) as source(s) for screensaver images....

chessdragon136

Letting the screensaver use user added photos is easy and I can do that in 5 minutes work.. Another user suggested grabbing images which are 1920x1080 or larger, as the low res images look crap so I'll add that too Doesnt look soo easy due to how its implemented

To select which folders to include / exclude is very difficult, as I would need to code new gui pages to allow selection of folders to include, then on screensaver start to check the folders still exist in the library - and that is just too much work for a screensaver. 

Edited by chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Ok screensaver change for next release - If user has photos it will use them, if not it will use posters like before. Image size limits can only be implied on the user photos, so it will show only those with resolutions greater or equal to 1920x1080. It's not soo easy with backdrop images without making loads of server calls, which i don't want to do. 

• Like 2

crashkelly

Ok screensaver change for next release - If user has photos it will use them, if not it will use posters like before. Image size limits can only be implied on the user photos, so it will show only those with resolutions greater or equal to 1920x1080. It's not soo easy with backdrop images without making loads of server calls, which i don't want to do. 

Will there be an option to not use photos and continue with posters, or whatever from movies and TV from MB?

I have my photos setup on MB for the wife to look at when she wants to, but I would rather see media stuff.

Thanks

CRashKelly

CBers

Thanks Chess.

I'm a bit confused about the photo resolution you state.

I think an option to choose between user photos or media images, as @@crashkelly suggests, is a good idea, if it's possible.

Edit: Just updated app but I'm not seeing my photos displayed, just Media Images.

Five minutes is too long to wait. Can it be made configurable please.

Edit2: Sorry, just reread your post - it'll be in the next release. D'Oh!

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

Ok I'll add settings in options for screensaver - need to fix the settings page first but thats easy enough.

I'll try push out a release tomorrow

• Like 5

chessdragon136

Hi All,

I know in my previous post that I said I would get a release out today but unfortunately that isn't possible as my code is in a mess testing some other bits. 

Hopefully I can bring it all back together in a couple of days.

Thanks for your patience. 

• Like 3