Anyone... Thumbnails for Home Movies and Music Videos Working for You?

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

Hey Lads,

If I'm reading ebr's reply to my original thread correctly, it sounds as though this is an issue - already known or not, I'm not sure? Either way, if someone could lend a hand that would be greatly appreciated    :)

As the Topic Title suggests, I'm not getting any joy from thumbnails for my Home Movie and Music Video collections (see image below). I thought it might be because I had just lumped all the files into the one folder all together, but then I did go and place all the individual files into respective folders named after the file (I'm sure I read to do that somewhere in the wiki but cannot find it now!?), but still no joy. I've completed multiple library refreshes and still no go.

Azeos had this to add as well:

I think I'm having the same problem. Almost all images are not being loaded, not even my avatar.
When I try to see the image file, I get this error message:

Response Status

Error Code
WandException
UnableToLoadModule `C:\Users\Matias\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\ImageMagickCoders\x86\IM_MOD_RL_JPEG_.dll': No se puede encontrar el m�dulo especificado. @ error/module.c/OpenModule/1282
Stack Trace
[GetUserImage: 06/03/2015 03:47:02 AM]: [REQUEST: {Id:ce7fb6896465c21df11271e13a57a7b6,Height:20,Quality:90,Tag:61e6381205bac398932032e2e17fdaf9,EnableImageEnhancers:True,AddPlayedIndicator:False,Type:Primary}] ImageMagickSharp.WandException: UnableToLoadModule `C:\Users\Matias\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\ImageMagickCoders\x86\IM_MOD_RL_JPEG_.dll': No se puede encontrar el m�dulo especificado. @ error/module.c/OpenModule/1282 en ImageMagickSharp.WandCore`1.CheckErrorBool(Int32 status) en ImageMagickSharp.MagickWand.OpenImage(String path) en ImageMagickSharp.MagickWand..ctor(String path) en MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Drawing.ImageProcessor.<ProcessImage>d__6.MoveNext() --- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la ubicación anterior donde se produjo la excepción --- en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task) en MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.<GetImageResult>d__f.MoveNext()
Errors

The dll file is in that folder.

Server version: 3.0.5542.40569.

Hope it helps.

Any words of advice?

If you need me to supply any log files or extra information, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob.

54fa51314e5e5_DSCN5109a.jpg

Looks like you're running dev server builds but we haven't seen you participating here in dev testing. You should just go back to the stable release on the website.

Dodgy Bob

Looks like you're running dev server builds but we haven't seen you participating here in dev testing. You should just go back to the stable release on the website.

Ahhh, mmmm, ok !? Not sure how that happened then.

I just checked under 'Advanced' on the dashboard and auto updates is set to "Official Release". And originally, that is how I installed MB3, just got the one-click install file off of the 'Downloads' page on the main site. I did have a server crash a little while ago and to get MB3 back up and running quickly I restored settings from a backup from the 'Server Configuration Backup' plugin. Is that likely to have caused it?

Would it be best to just go back and start from a clean slate? i.e. uninstall MB3, clean out all custom directories for MB3 I've been using and then re-install MB3?

Thanks Luke.

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

CBers

The post by Azeos is from a dev build which I think Luke is assumung is your's.

It might be worth supplying a server log from your current setup.

MBS v3.0.5518.7 is the Official Release as well as the latest Beta.

Edited by CBers

Dodgy Bob

Hey CBers and Luke,

Just to let you know, I uninstalled/reinstalled MB3 Server and all is well now with regards to this post, that is to say, I now have thumbnails generated for my Home Movies and for my Music Video collection.

It looks so much better now!  ;)

Thanks lads,

Dodgy Bob

• Like 1

Dodgy Bob

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if folks out there have a collection of/for 'Home Movies' and/or 'Music Videos' and the main folder is not showing you the thumbnail for the videos?

Earlier today I just finished off uninstalling/reinstalling/reconfiguring MB3 Server and whilst everything is good-to-go in the web client, I'm not getting the same love back from the Samsung App for these said folders.

From the main menu screen I have the main entry point media folders 'Home Movies' and 'Music Videos' and I can OK/Enter into these folders. Once in there, none of the videos display their thumbnails - however - once I OK/Enter on a Home Movie or a Music Video and go into that video's "main" or "home" screen, the thumbnail for that video is there in the bottom-right corner. I'm guessing thats not the way its meant to work, right!?

I was having this issue before the uninstall - even in the web client - in fact that was one of the reasons why I did the uninstall, but now that everything is back up and going as it should now, I thought this would work too. Is it just me or is this an actual issue perhaps?

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

CBers

Hey Everyone,Just wondering if folks out there have a collection of/for 'Home Movies' and/or 'Music Videos' and the main folder is not showing you the thumbnail for the videos?

Yes, seeing the same here for Music Videos.

Edited by CBers

FrostByte

I'm not seeing anything wrong here.  Exactly what screen are you talking about, the one from your pic above?  Displays thumb files correctly when going to Media Folders...Music Videos

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

I'm not seeing anything wrong here. Exactly what screen are you talking about, the one from your pic above? Displays thumb files correctly when going to Media Folders...Music Videos

I dont.

My "thumbs" are called "videoname-poster.jpg".

Edited by CBers

FrostByte

Hmmm...those are actually backdrops when I look at the folder.  I don't have any thumb files in those two folders

FrostByte

I have separate folders for each video like movies.  Made more sense since they are both on tmdb and could actually be movies.  I guess if they were actual short music videos I would have just dumped them in Music Videos

\Music Videos\

\Kurt Cobain About a Son (2006)\

\Nirvana Live At The Paramount (2011)\

Edited by FrostByte

Dodgy Bob

Sorry lads - big day  :)  and all I want to do right now is go to bed!  :P

OK, so...

I'm not seeing anything wrong here.  Exactly what screen are you talking about, the one from your pic above?  Displays thumb files correctly when going to Media Folders...Music Videos

I start with my Home Screen like so:

55057d9c61c6b_DSCN5244.jpg

And I go into Music Videos (MTV) and this is what I see:

55057db91ad27_DSCN5245.jpg

But if I then go into one of the music videos, see, the thumbnail comes up down in the bottom-right there !?

55057dd1a8527_DSCN5246.jpg

Are your Music Videos all in the same folder, or separate folders like with Movies?

Ah right. Mine are just all in the one folder. Perhaps this is why it's not working. 

@@Dodgy Bob ??

Yeah, thats what I thought too because originally I had all my Music Videos lumped all together in the one main, Music Video folder, but then because of this thumbnail issue, I separated them up and out and started treating them like movies, so now, each Music Video is in its own folder and MB3 Server has added a ".nfo" file and a "-poster.jpg" file. No other files reside in the individual music video files.

The same goes for my Home Movies media folder too.

Regards,

Dodgy Bob

• Like 1

FrostByte

Looks to me like if there is no backdrop, or thumb file then it displays a blank box like your Music Videos pic.  That last screen looks for a poster (normally they are vertical though)

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

chessdragon136

Yup looks like you have posters but no backdrops - I've configured it to now show thumb, then if no thumb, backdrop, and if no backdrop, notthing. Posters should be vertical so not sure why your metadata has chosen a landscape image as a poster 

Check in next release - change your poster to a thumb (go to metadata manger and change it manually) and in next release it will work.

Thanks

CBers

I copied a videoname-poster.jpg to videoname-thumb.jpg and they now show up in the Music Video home page.

that's not idea because when videos don't have images assigned, one will be generated based on the aspect ratio of the content. and that becomes the primary image. so it won't be feasible for users to rename images, or even possible if they're not saving metadata locally.

no i thought the OP said he already had images so the app should support them as they are. if that's not the case and I misread then nevermind.

Dodgy Bob

Hey everyone,

Ok, so...

Yup looks like you have posters but no backdrops - I've configured it to now show thumb, then if no thumb, backdrop, and if no backdrop, notthing. Posters should be vertical so not sure why your metadata has chosen a landscape image as a poster 

Check in next release - change your poster to a thumb (go to metadata manger and change it manually) and in next release it will work.

Thanks

Chess - Fantastic! Thanks, will do.

I copied a videoname-poster.jpg to videoname-thumb.jpg and they now show up in the Music Video home page.

CBers - I'll test this out too.

no i thought the OP said he already had images so the app should support them as they are. if that's not the case and I misread then nevermind.

Luke - You are correct, I did say and I do have MBS generated images already for my Music Videos. One little caveat though, it is not images, it is image.

The one, solitary MBS generated image I have is a "-poster.jpg" file/image, which comes in at 600*450. There are no other image files (MBS generated or otherwise) in any of my individual Music Video folders that I have.

I was under the impression that for the most part, any images required by MB3, MBS would download or generate, so I have not added or renamed or re-oriented any of my images, in any of my folders. What I currently have is what MBS has given me. Is it possible that for Music Videos, MBS should have generated a "-thumb.jpg" file but it is not doing that?

Also, for everyone, I do not know if this changes anything or not, but my ... Tools Button >> Settings >> User Settings >> Home View 1 ... is set to "Media Folders" !?

I bring this up because I've just found out that in the Web Client, "Media Folders" is just a folders view with a little amount of features applied, i.e. no boxsets, lack of auto-sorting by genres or suggestions, etc. Is it likely, as it was in my case for being able to view boxsets / movie collections (they would show up in the "My Views" view setting, but not the "Media Folders" view setting), that this view setting might be causing issues?

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob.

• 2 years later...
Hello everyone,
I'm noob with emby but i think i have the same problem like peopels before me, but i can't find solution. 
I have Emby server v.3.2.12.0  on Qnap HS-251+  (QTS 4.3.3
And samsung smart tv aplication v.2.2.2 
With this configuration i don't see any poster of movies, folder or collection (like on picture)

58f636745bfdc_WP_20170418_17_08_36_Pro_L

What did I do: reinstalled the server and smart tv application, reconfigured the metadata and images / currently selected to be downloaded all /

I add that similar problem does not exist on windows application and windows phone, only for samsung smart tv application