NEO-Style Channels Operation

hansolo77

hansolo77

Back in the day, the Neo theme had this great Channels feature (before Media Browser had an official CHANNELS area for online use).  It would take the genre of your TV shows, and build a sort of channel guide where you can watch things back to back.  For instance, supposed you wanted to watch some Sci-Fi.. You would just go through the "guide" and find the Sci-Fi channel, then Media Browser would automatically have queued up random episodes of Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Twilight Zone, Fringe, etc.  You wouldn't have to go back to Media Browser and find the next show to watch.  I particularly liked the Animation channel, as I could have anywhere from 10-20 shows and it would just automatically queue up a new show and episode for me.  Unfortunately, with the upgrade to MB3, this functionality of the NEO theme has become broken.  What would be really cool, is if somebody could come up with either a fix, or perhaps a new plugin to provide this kind of thing.

Also, I know there are abilities to make queues and stuff through the web browser, etc.  But I really don't like to do much in there if I don't have too.  The reason I use this software is so that I DON'T have to do that, and can do everything from my couch.  We need some "remote" functions to the queuing I think.

hansolo77

I am, I never looked into MBPlus before.  Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out.

• 2 months later...