Ancestor query How to do it?

boutzo

I'm sorry to ask these silly questions.  But I'm having trouble translating the examples from the swagger ui to actual c# code.  Is there some documentation that will translate.

Basically what it says.  How can I do it?  Its only 2 parameters but what type of query is it?

Do you do an item query and then do a foreach on the baseitemdto to get the parameters you're looking for?

I have an episode id and I need to get the series ID from it.  An episode query does not have that parameter.

Edited by boutzo

Cheesegeezer

I'm sorry to ask these silly questions.  But I'm having trouble translating the examples from the swagger ui to actual c# code.  Is there some documentation that will translate.

Basically what it says.  How can I do it?  Its only 2 parameters but what type of query is it?

JSON

is that what you're after?

I know the strings are in JSON format its the formatting of the c# code.  Swagger only shows the parameters the url string and the response body none of the underlying code beneath. Do you just send an itemQuery about a file and will the baseItemDto pretty much give you anything you want to know about a file?

Edited by boutzo

Angelblue05

@@boutzo I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but you can do a JSON Get request /Items?Ids=EpisodeId. The JSON response will return the baseItemDto list that includes the SeriesId by default.

It will look something like this:

54af0f1c004ba_UpcomingHelp.jpg

Again, I'm not sure I fully understand what you are looking for. I hope this help somehow... :)

Edited by Angelblue05

I know I can type that into a browser and get that response.  But I was trying to get that same response in c# with an item query.  I since figured it out and got it working.

I guess the question should have been,

"What is the work flow of obtaining different parameters ?"

I came up with this.

ItemQuery -> go through BaseItemDto and choose the params I need, store them into a variable, do work.

Thanks

Edited by boutzo

The real correct answer is to use a Json serializer and deserialize those objects into proper c# classes.

Again, if you use the ApiClient provided for .net it will do all of this for you...