Server - Rewatch tv shows

Mibok

It would be great to have an option to rewatch tv series. Some times it's hard to tell what was the last episode watched if the entire show has been marked as watched.

It occurs to me that this can be done with a counter that can differentiate if the numbers of plays is odd or pair showing a different color marker on each episode accordingly, so if the entire show has been watched again all episode should have the same color.

Edited by Mibok
  • Like 4

Would it not be easier just to mark the entire season you are rewatching as Unseen and start it over? If not it could be interesting with certain funny episodes you'd want to watch again and again without necessarily wanting to rewatch the entire Season? Or how would you envision that?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Beardyname

Yeah i don't get this suggestion, would it not as Florux pointed out be easier to just mark the whole season as unwatched and then start over?

Otherwise feel free to elaborate on why not and why this would be a good idea :)

• Agree 1

It's not a big deal, in fact i used to do it that way, marking the entire show as unwatched. But then i started to use the trakt plugin firstly to have a backup of my playstates in case of having to reinstall the server, later i began to use trakt as a medium for tracking my watching habits.

The problem is that with the current system when i mark a show as unwatched it does too in the trakt webpage, although they are marked as watched again as i continue to see the show i lost the record of date and numbers of times the show has been watched, as i said its not a big deal but it bugs me a little.

As for the episodes frequently watched perhaps it could be a option like "I'm rewatching this whole series" and then start a counter of the watched episodes.

Edited by Mibok

I usually use Media Browser Theater, but i thought that this could be one of those things that have to be firstly implemented on the server and then added to the rest of the clients.

Yeah, I understand why you put it here.  It was just if you said you were using MBC, then MB Plus would have given you exactly what you want but that isn't implemented for MBT yet.

• 5 years later...

I would like to add to this;

A re-watch function would be great. I'm trying to convience the wife to get rid of Netflix, but she loves re-watching Friends, Always Sunny and a few other shows that she has on as 'background noise' (keep telling here music is better for background 🤔). I have all these shows and more on my NAS but she still insists on using Netflix because it'easier to re-watch.  I also use Trakt and don't want to mark a show as unwatched as it would change all my stats.

To have a re-watch ribbon/bar would be great.  A ribbon/bar you can select to show or not show on the main screen that shows the most watched shows there, or a way of adding the shows you want to re-watch there. This would increase the amount of ribbons/bars on the home screen, but with a toggle switch for people who don't want it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
marauder

I would love to have this feature. I dot. Like unmaking them watched. What I currently do is just make sure to never stop watching at the end of an episode. So start a new one, and scroll ahead a few minutes and just remember next time to start from beginning. 

QuarkSolution

I’d also love to have this option. I currently do what @marauderdoes, I used to do what @Florux did. But both are quite inconvenient from a user’s perspective. A rewatch ribbon is a perfect solution. Users who don’t want this, do not need to include it in the Home Screen, and users who want this can. 

• 1 month later...
StefanoPup

I am another supporter of this feature.

Rewatching old TV series after a few years is after all one of the main reasons for keeping a copy of them, insead of just watching them on line once and never again.

Therefore I would really welcome afeature that helps me in rewatching a series that I have already seen, and at the same time keep compatibility with trakt.

• Like 1