Using Windows 10

bluc

Hey all not sure your interested as windows 10 is beta software but I get bsod when I install the windows 8 app or the xbmb3 addon. I attached my mini dumps if you want to take a look. Its not the cpuz driver issue its the other bsod stop code in my mini dumps there is only 2 bsod mini dumps. Until I work out exactly what is the cause I cant use media browser. As I get a bsod about once an hour. cheers

debug-BIGFELLAMAL-Mon_16_02_2015__93714_81 (1).zip

Guest scokar

I have been using Windows 10 betas with Kodi, Mediabrowser, and MediaBrowser Theater for a few months now with no OS related crashes/issues.

All I know is all my drivers installed and windows updates installed after a fresh install with nothing else installed except kodi media browser app and or xbmb3 installed ( I did fresh install in between and tried them one at a time.)  I will get the blue screen.

I spent all of the week before last reformatting and troubleshooting and 100% sure it is media browser causing it. Within an hour of installing media browser I get the bsod and then about every hour after even if I uninstall media browser I continue getting the bsod It must install something my pc does not like. I have not had media browser installed since last sunday and have not had a single bsod. The other bsod I was getting related to cpuz but corsair released a corsair link update that seems to have fixed it.

EDIT Just a bit more info... the exact cause of the issue is ntoskrnl.exe at address ntoskrnl.exe+3d2091 with code 0xc000021a

if anyone can shed some more light on this in relation to media browser it would be much appreciated have not tried mbt yet but may give it a try this arvo. As I said Im 100% sure its media browser app/ kodi addon that is making this crash. I have also stress tested my hadrware without media browser installed no crash same goes for ram have stress tested each stick one at a time and together over the course of a few overnight sessions.

Edited by bluc

Windows 10 is a technical preview, it's intended audience at this stage is developers at this stage who need to learn new Api's.

Straight from the Windows 10 download page:

Remember, trying out an early build like this can be risky. That's why we recommend that you don't install the preview on your primary home or business PC. Unexpected PC crashes could damage or even delete your files, so you should back up everything.

The only light we can shed is that you are not using Windows 10 for it's intended purpose. You're using an unstable OS and then looking for an explanation from application developers as to why things don't work yet. Instead I would suggest continuing to use Windows 7 or 8 on your primary machines. Put Windows 10 on a secondary box and just play with it. Feel free to report any issues, but understand many of them will be out of our control and you'll just have to wait patiently for Windows 10 to progress further along. But to say that you can't use Media Browser until this is resolved, it I think you have unrealistic expectations about the current state of windows 10.

• Like 1

Windows 10 is a technical preview, it's intended audience at this stage is developers at this stage who need to learn new Api's.

But to say that you can't use Media Browser until this is resolved, it I think you have unrealistic expectations about the current state of windows 10.

I already stated in my first post that I knew windows 10 is beta and didn't think devs would be interested in  bugs... I don't think I have unrealistic expectations at all have been using windows 10 since day dot on my main pc and this is just a bug I thought I would post about. I didn't come here to attack media browser simply stating on my pc running windows 10 I cant use media browser because it blue screens my pc regularly. And was hoping someone could shed some light on what could be causing it.... in the mean time I will just stick with kodi until I work out why the blue screen is happening.

Edited by bluc