Web UI TV Shows Bug

tux2k47

So I've noticed a very strange bug with the WebUI on Mobile Chrome/Mobile Safari running iOS 8.1.2, I've also experienced the same issue on an iPad running 8.1.2 with either Mobile Chrome or Safari. Regardless if I'm visiting the server locally on the 192 address or through the actual domain name I have forwarded the scenario plays out the same and it doesn't always happen.

Runing MediaBrowser Version 3.0.5518.3.

Here's what's happening:

If I login to the WebUI and click on TV, the normal top menu is not loading - Shows, Episodes, Genres, People etc. I see the dashboard menu instead (If I click on Latest I see all the latest content not just TV):
54e38dc07dd63_firstresize.png

I'm also noticing when I click on TV when this is happening, TV is not going green in the menu which would indicate it's selected and the URL it's pointing to: (U&T variables populate I just omited them from the below example)

192.168.1.102:8920/web/dashboard.html?u=&t=/web/tvrecommended.html?topParentId=006fad33fa75833250f29a69af8f00a3&context=tvshows

So it appears that it's directing it to the dasboard.html. Normally I wouldn't care if the menu didn't populate correctly at the top, but it's causing a deeper problem than that. If I try to click on that Show under Suggested or I go back to the Main Home of the server and click on any TV Show that's listed under Latest for example, this happens:

54e38f04c2651_secondresize.png

It never loads and it ends up freezing the session. If I click the Menu button and click on any other option nothing will load. I will have to refresh the page and if that top menu doesn't show properly then all my TV shows will show the image above. I've even tried (when the Top Menu is not populating properly) to go back to the Main page, click on a TV show under latest, pick any episode and it still does the same thing, the spinning circle.

After closing out of Chrome and reloading it, sometimes a few times to get it to load the top menu properly (same happens on my iPad which is not jailbroken FYI) - When I click on TV it loads properly but the URL is different, instead of dashboard.html it properly loads with index.html: (There is no U or T variable in the correct URL string)

192.168.1.102:8920/web/index.html%23/web/tvrecommended.html?topParentId=006fad33fa75833250f29a69af8f00a3&context=tvshows

54e39016cdb95_thirdreize.png     54e3905760eec_fourthresize.png

The TV icon becomes green and then I can select any TV show from my server and begin playing it. It's completely random and doesn't happen all the time. If I manually point it to dashboard.html and go back to the main media page and click on TV, the URL string shows dashboard.html but when the menu is working properly and the TV shows are loading correctly, the U & T variables in the URL are missing. It appears that when U & T are showing up in the URL String, it breaks the TV Shows and causes a spinning circle on all content. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I'm noticing occasionally when I login to the server the U & T variables on the URL string populate and that's what appears to be the issue - here's the full URL when TV is not loading the top menu and causes all episodes to show a spinning circle. Doesn't happen with Movies.

192.168.1.102:8920/web/dashboard.html?u=cdeb2652c40ec582b2b49ce1ac8&t=275c03ac4caf4d898c3379215a42e7%23/web/tvrecommended.html?topParentId=006fad33fa75833250f29a69af8f00a3&context=tvshows -- loading that URL up in Mobile Safari/Chrome locally causes the issue.

-EDIT:

If I copy and paste that same URL into Chrome on Windows, It appears to strip the T variable completely only leaving the U Variable, when I click on TV Shows the U Variable goes away. Copying the same link (after the menu has fixed itself) back into Safari or Chrome Mobile reproduces the issue, menu is the default menu and TV shows are broken with spinning circle. Only happens on Mobile, not having this issue on Desktop browsers.

Edited by tux2k47

Alright so good news, I'm now able to reproduce the issue every single time with Chrome Mobile:

- Go to serverip:port

- If I'm signed in, sign out

- All users are hidden from Login page so I manually type in Username/Password (admin Account)

- Takes me dashboard screen, Click on MediaBrowser from Menu, then click on TV menu is broken and content won't load.

Once this happens if I take the T&U Variables out of the URL string the menu and content loads correctly. Hasn't done it in a while with Safari but Chrome is happening every time.

EDIT:

Was playing around with the Android SDK, unable to reproduce on Android Chrome Browser or Chrome Beta, only on Chrome for iOS.

Edited by tux2k47