Clear Auto-Organize log button gone?

pmac

I could be wrong, maybe it's just been moved, but I can't find the button to clear the auto-organize log anymore since the beta update. It's not a huge deal, I just like to keep things tidy ;)

• Like 6

love that we have the organize back but losing the clear hurts.  currently on 327 entries over the last few days.... I want to clear the list, don't need to see all of the green, want to see the reds and blues

whitewolfsg

same here. I really only care about what failed. In addition, if you do not use the Auto-Organize for failed files you end up with two entries in the log. On for the failed and one for the successful files organized.

diaz1510

Can one of the moderators please speak to this? A few of us have brought this up.  Is it a glitch? Was it an oversight? Was it done intentionally?  And if so, is there a logical reason for it?  Is it being addressed? Is it not being addressed?  Am I just doing something wrong? SOMETHING?  My log is now a few thousand lines long and quite a few pages to scroll through now...its getting pretty freakin annoying at this point...

Anybody else know of a way to clear this?  Is there a .log file that it references that I can go in and just delete?

The button is in the html file but actually commented out.

Here's the steps to put it back in:

1. Open \System\dashboard-ui\autoorganizelog.html from where you have MB3 installed with a text editor. (default is %appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\System\dashboard-ui\autoorganizelog.html )
  2. Look for this line 
    <!--<button style="display: none;" class="btnClearLog" type="button" data-inline="true" data-icon="forbidden" data-mini="true">Clear</button>-->

and copy it two lines bellow (bellow the div).

3. Remove the "<!--" at the beginning and the "-->" at the end.

4. You should end up with something that looks like this 

<div style="float: right; position: relative; top: 15px;margin-top: -5px;display:none;" class="organizeTaskPanel">
        <button type="button" class="btnOrganize" data-icon="action" data-mini="true" data-inline="true">${ButtonOrganize}</button>
        <progress max="100" min="0" style="width:100px;display:none;" class="organizeProgress"></progress>
    </div>
  5. Clear browser cache and refresh page.

Server updates will replace the file, so you will have to do it all over again after an update.

I've also attached the modified file if you're THAT lazy.

autoorganizelog.html

Edited by Nodja
  • Like 4

The button is in the html file but actually commented out.

Here's the steps to put it back in:

1. Open \System\dashboard-ui\autoorganizelog.html from where you have MB3 installed with a text editor. (default is %appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\System\dashboard-ui\autoorganizelog.html )
  2. Look for this line 
    <!--<button style="display: none;" class="btnClearLog" type="button" data-inline="true" data-icon="forbidden" data-mini="true">Clear</button>-->

and copy it two lines bellow (bellow the div).

3. Remove the "<!--" at the beginning and the "-->" at the end.

4. You should end up with something that looks like this 

<div style="float: right; position: relative; top: 15px;margin-top: -5px;display:none;" class="organizeTaskPanel">
        <button type="button" class="btnOrganize" data-icon="action" data-mini="true" data-inline="true">${ButtonOrganize}</button>
        <progress max="100" min="0" style="width:100px;display:none;" class="organizeProgress"></progress>
    </div>
  5. Clear browser cache and restart server. You might also need to delete the cache folder in the MB server folder.

I've also attached the modified file if you're THAT lazy.

Thanks @@Nodja, and welcome to the forums! Very helpful first post.

I wonder why it was left out in the first place?

@@Luke, was this intentional?

diaz1510

Sweet! finally! Thanks a million...

I'd still like to here what was the cause...but at least it's fixed...

Thanks again!!!

Happy2Play

It is commented out in the Dev builds also so someone will have to comment on why.  Each update will hide it again.

abstract

Nodja very helpful - thank you.

Pleased to have cleared my log - a useful feature as, like others, I usually only check for failed items. If we can have it back in the main release (uncommented by default) it'd be great.. or an "Archive" button instead if this is what the devs are looking towards?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
jhevener

@@Luke +1 for this.  Cheers

Agreed! Great to see that button back and a nice clear screen if only for a few hours. I keep that sucker busy.  ;)