New view, ungrouped folders - missing features?

fraenhawk
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

fraenhawk

I feel like there's been a lot of talk about the two extremes - "New view" with everything grouped or reverting to legacy - but even though it was mentioned when the new beta came out as an alternative to legacy, I feel like features are missing.

The alternative was to go to the web view and uncheck all the checkboxes in the "Automatically group content from the following folders into views" section. This reproduces the "folder" feel and in the web client, if I click on any of the ungrouped folders - let's use Shows and Anime as two examples - each of those has a Resume, Next Up, Latest, and Upcoming view. Yet in MBC, there seems to be absolutely no difference between the ungrouped views and picking the "legacy" option. Should I not be seeing the same Resume, Upcoming, Next Up options in MBC running without legacy checked with ungrouped folders as I do if I let it group them all?

I grouped them just to see what it's like, and I like it, but I know my wife would prefer to keep the kids shows and anime separate from anything she watches. So to do that I lose out on all the new functionality :( Something planned for the future of MBC to mimic the new capabilities in ungrouped folders?

Perhaps in the future but some people don't like the additional layers of those views so it isn't a slam dunk.  You can always keep MBC on the legacy folder browsing and have nothing be any different than it has been.

fraenhawk

I'm not sure I follow. I have legacy unchecked and all my folders ungrouped and everything already is no different than it's ever been, so why would I check legacy?

For those people that don't want the new features, I agree, they should pick legacy. I'm just wondering why as a user not opting to use legacy I'm not getting any of the new features that the web client already offers.

I was just trying to figure out if this was a bug or something coming later? I want the extra layers, but they don't seem to be implemented in MBC to the same layer they are in the web client.

• Solution

No, everything is not implemented in MBC the same as the web client.  I'm working to get it as in line as possible but it will happen in phases.  There is only so much time in the day.  

Plus, the way you interact with MBC is very different than the way you interact with the web client so not everything translates perfectly.  These extra layers are a good example.  In the web client they don't really add any more complexity of navigation to the interface but in MBC they do.  This is because the web client is a direct point and click interface whereas MBC is navigated via a remote control.

• Like 1

fraenhawk

Okay, that's all I was wondering. I wasn't sure if something was broken just for me or it wasn't fully implemented yet. Thanks!