Starting library scan from command line

CalypsoCowboy

CalypsoCowboy

I'm using the ImageGrabLite program to rename my TV episodes into a format that MB3 will understand. The program runs in a .bat file that is run when the program is done recording.

Ideally, I'd like to run a library scan after the file is renamed. Is there a command I can run from the command line to rescan the library?

Some what related is, when does the interval for the scans start. For example, if I set it to scan in one hour intervals and it is 1:05 when I save the scheduled task, will it run at 2:05, 3:05 etc? and then if the server reboots and happens to start back up around 1:59 the next day, the next run of the same task will be at 2:59, 3:59, etc?

Ideally I'd like to scan the library every 30 minutes at 5 minutes and 35 minutes after the hour and not have that time dependent on when I saved the job or restarted the server. 

Thanks

Josh

Edited by CalypsoCowboy

CashMoney

I'm not 100% sure, but you may not need to. If MB3 detects a file system change, it should add the media to the library/run a scan. If not, maybe you could record your TV to a separate directory, and have it moved automatically by the batch file to your TV library location. That should definitely be enough for MB3 to be aware of it.

CalypsoCowboy

Right now I have the directory where the recording is happening "D:\NextPVR" in my "TV Shows" media library as defined in MB3. It doesn't seem to be picking up the recording in a timely manner. I've noticed a few times that the recording will sit there for a couple of hours before it's picked up. I'm not sure if it's because the file is growing while it's being recording or something else. I do have real time monitoring turned on. Maybe I need to take a look at the logs when I think it should be doing something and see if I can see something.

Edited by CalypsoCowboy