Cover Art 3d treatment

damian

Might I be bold enough to suggest that a new "treatment" called "bluray 3d case" is made for 3d blurays? and it add a specific entry in "Specific Covers" for 3d files. This would be better instead of an "Indicator Overlay" as it would be a bluray 3d logo on the treatment at the top instead of over layed onto of the artwork. If you send me the treatment "case" I could do it up on photoshop. I also included a picture of what type of logo could be used in the "bluray 3d case" , attached is an example I propose for wreck it ralph.

post-19989-0-81979200-1423776123_thumb.png

Edited by damian

The problem with that approach is it would add a ton of new treatments.  That's why I'm using the overlays instead.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
schford

From my point of view all my 3d Movies are in a seperate folder structure and everything in that folder is 3D blurays - I would just like to be able to tell the system to zap anything in there with a specific cover,.

I know I can pick the folder that contains the movies from the front end so its processed differently - then I could say for anything that is an mkv (they all are in those folders) just use this 3d cover....

That would be awesome :-)  and would ensure ppl knew they could watch the movie in 3D if wanted.

I dont think there is a way to add custom covers to the system by myself or am I missing a trick?

Cheers

Stuart

Edited by schford

No, there is no way to add custom covers.  Sorry.

You can add custom 3D overlays though.

schford

maybe in the future?  Happy to contribute to help make it happen - perhaps others could to if there was a little bit of demand for it then maybe just maybe? At the moment EMBY (which I love its just like MB) is the holy grail - 2D plus (external player for 3d) no one else can!!!

****back after playing around***

So is there anyway I can edit one of the existing covers say HD DVD - as I know how I can make every movie have that cover in the required sub folders?

Thanks again :-)

Stuart

Edited by schford

You could find the file in the CoverArt cache area but it is subject to get overwritten by an update.

Custom covers were a feature in v3 of CA but they were so little used and created such complexity for setup and were a memory hog so I removed them in v4 and almost no one noticed.

Perhaps in the future now that we have a different way of dealing with images so memory wouldn't be an issue now.  However, defining them is not as simple as just creating an image. More information about how and where the original is placed is required.