No connection after Beta update

roberthleeii

roberthleeii

after upgrading to the Beta (3.0.5518.0) today i cannot seem to connect to my server from my devices. I have tried the different IP address and the app.mediabrowser.tv to connect and nothing seems to work except for my server.

server-63559170727.txt

cslawren

after upgrading to the Beta (3.0.5518.0) today i cannot seem to connect to my server from my devices. I have tried the different IP address and the app.mediabrowser.tv to connect and nothing seems to work except for my server.

I had the same issue. A complete backup of the installation directory and whatnot, and then a full uninstall/reinstall fixed it. I had changed the public/local HTTP port to TCP:80, I notice that that setting doesn't take effect now. I wonder if that had anything to do with why I had issues. Did you change your default port?

roberthleeii

I had the same issue. A complete backup of the installation directory and whatnot, and then a full uninstall/reinstall fixed it. I had changed the public/local HTTP port to TCP:80, I notice that that setting doesn't take effect now. I wonder if that had anything to do with why I had issues. Did you change your default port?

Thank you!

I have not changed any ports. What all needs to be backed up and how do I replace it once I re-install?

Edited by roberthleeii

cslawren

Thank you!

I have not changed any ports. What all needs to be backed up and how do I replace it once I re-install?

I didn't replace, I just kept for later when this gets fixed. I set it up from scratch after I was sure that I had backed up what I needed. The directory I backed up before I nuked from orbit was this:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server

I had the same thing but realised all by bookmarks to the dashboard, etc were now incorrect as the web address to these pages has changed.

Happy2Play

I had the same thing but realised all by bookmarks to the dashboard, etc were now incorrect as the web address to these pages has changed.

Just saw this with v3.0.5518.2. 

fraenhawk

See this thread too for suggestions: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/18063-new-server-beta-manual-auto-organize-broken/?p=176254

In the previous build they added shorter URLs but both the long and short were working at the same time. It looks like in this build the short might have become mandatory.

CBers

Just noticed the same.

Looks like the original long URL has been deprecated in favour of the short URL.

Edited by CBers

roberthleeii

Thanks for the replies but I still can't get this to work. It is not just the web address that is not working. I can't get my tablets, rokus, or phones to connect with the apps. I have double checked the addresses and port numbers. I also tried using mediabrowser connect and that does not work either. Mediabrowser connect or the ip address work in the windows 8.1 app on the same computer that the server is installed on.

Are you saying any client "that is not on the server" cannot connect?

Are you sure there are no firewall rules that have popped up to block it?

What server OS is it?

roberthleeii

Are you saying any client "that is not on the server" cannot connect?

Are you sure there are no firewall rules that have popped up to block it?

What server OS is it?

Yes. No clients that are not on the server can connect.

How can I check the fire wall. Would an update change firewall settings.

Server is a windows 8.1 PC with all updates.

An update shouldn't have changed the firewall rules but that's not to say something else didn't.

Control panel -> Windows Firewall -> Allow an app through the Firewall 

You could always try using the system backup folder to see if that restores functionality. Navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server

Inside of here you will see two folders, system and system.old. Make sure mediabrowser is shut down, rename system to system.backup and rename system.old to system 

Launch mediabrowser. This should help you retain your settings and setup, and put you back to last version before it updated. Perhaps something got interrupted during the upgrade process.

roberthleeii

You could always try using the system backup folder to see if that restores functionality. Navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server

Inside of here you will see two folders, system and system.old. Make sure mediabrowser is shut down, rename system to system.backup and rename system.old to system

Launch mediabrowser. This should help you retain your settings and setup, and put you back to last version before it updated. Perhaps something got interrupted during the upgrade process.

I wonder if this will work now that I updated again. I saw that there was another update this morning so updated hoping it would fix it like it has for some past beta problems and it is still acting the same.

I wonder if this will work now that I updated again. I saw that there was another update this morning so updated hoping it would fix it like it has for some past beta problems and it is still acting the same.

Unfortunately, probably not, because system.old would have been the broken one already. One thing you can try is move those system folders to someplace else for the time being leaving everything else. Download and install the release version which is version 3.0.5490.2

Edited by BAS

roberthleeii

So I deleted the system folders and reinstalled the release version. It auto updated to the beta and still did not work. So I deleted them again after changing my update preferences to release and everything seems to work fine as long as I stay on the release version

there was one person who had a similar problem weeks ago with the dev release. it ended up being firewall related, although i don't recall the specifics.

roberthleeii

there was one person who had a similar problem weeks ago with the dev release. it ended up being firewall related, although i don't recall the specifics.

What should I do? What changes do I need to make to my firewall?

Yeah, if your firewall or other anti-malware rules were specific to the urls in use, those are changing with this release which may explain the issue.

I have exactly the same issue. Everything was working ok then i updated to the latest server beta and now none of the clients can access the server. The clients that are on the same pc as server work fine but ipad, roku and other pc's can no longer access the server.

roberthleeii

Well I went in to the firewall and opened up everything that said media browser and upgraded to the beta again. It all ses to be working now. I guess that was all it was.

Well I went in to the firewall and opened up everything that said media browser and upgraded to the beta again. It all ses to be working now. I guess that was all it was.

Thanks that did the trick. I'm sure all the mediabrowser apps were already set to open so something in the update must have changed it.