#21 Bluebull32 OFFLINE  

Bluebull32

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Local time: 06:52 AM
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:34 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys.  It looks like we have three main topics:

- Sort order of movies by person:  The way that this works now, it will invoke the same sorting order as selected for other movie screens.  So if you have been using "Sort by Release Date" then your movies per person will be sorted by release date.  By default for the app, this is sorted by name, so that's how they will be displayed unless changed by the user.  Also, this can be changed "on the fly", so if you have movies for an actor displayed alphabetically, you can hit * and change the sorting right there.

- Display some indication that * has more options: In the two screens where this would be applicable (Series episodes, and Search) I couldn't really find a good place to put it.  I experimented with using the breadcrumbs for this, but this just further clutters the already limited breadcrumb space we are given, often making the end result a truncated mess.  Furthermore, changing the breadcrumb text will persist onto child screens where it would not make sense to have a "(* for Options)", and just gets confusing.  I could probably do this by adding a bunch of special case checking into the code, but it seems like it would do more harm than good in the end.

- Label for titles associated with a person:  It looks like we don't want to label this "Films", but as BAS pointed out, this includes movies and television.  So, simply "Movies & TV" might be an option.  "Filmography" to match the title of the results screen is another way to go.  We could change that title too, I was just using Filmography to mimic the IMDB convention, and I couldn't think of anything better.  I'll just put it in as "Movies & TV" for now, and it will be an easy change to make if we find that another label makes more sense.

• BAS and AJNinGA like this

#22 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140472 posts
  • Local time: 05:52 AM

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:48 PM

by the way, if you could submit this on a different fork that would be great. i'd like to have it separate from the video player changes for now, thanks.

#23 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140472 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:49 PM

If Filmography is what Imdb uses, then let's go with that.

#24 BAS OFFLINE  

BAS

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 544 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:26 PM

I was also thinking when this is ready to test and if it's possible Cast & Crew should be removed from the more menu and be a direct choice. 

Play

Play from scene

Trailer

Cast & Crew

More...

#25 ginjaninja OFFLINE  

ginjaninja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1641 posts
  • Local time: 10:52 AM
  • Locationuk

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:54 PM

I was also thinking when this is ready to test and if it's possible Cast & Crew should be removed from the more menu and be a direct choice. 

Play

Play from scene

Trailer

Cast & Crew

More...

+1, after play/resume....cast & crew is my next most frequently used.

#26 MrWebsmith OFFLINE  

MrWebsmith

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA, USA

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

its great to see such progess here.. awesome work blue

#27 BAS OFFLINE  

BAS

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 544 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:15 AM

There is a pull request pending for this to be implemented, is there a reason beta testers aren't getting a chance to try this out?

#28 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140472 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:32 PM

I've added Filmography support from bluebull into the zip installation. Please try it out, thanks :)

#29 ginjaninja OFFLINE  

ginjaninja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1641 posts
  • Local time: 10:52 AM
  • Locationuk

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:00 PM

TV Persons, often non actors (not sure exact circumstance), often dont have as a child...the tv object you are drilling down from..consequently..tv children of rare tv persons are often 0..which is impossible as there is always 1..coming from persons on tv show.

think this behaviour is repeated on MBC ..so maybe its just how the api works..

Edited by ginjaninja, 21 March 2015 - 07:41 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: actors, search, display

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users