ROC/Localizable

AlwinHummels

AlwinHummels

Can ROC be localizable or is this already possible? If yes how? If no Please add support to it :)

leedavies

Can ROC be localizable or is this already possible? If yes how? If no Please add support to it :)

Hey buddy.  This is an area I haven't looked at yet.  I know it's possible and there's a framework to support it.  I just don't have the API calls in ROC and Crystal to get translations from localization files.  It's not a huge task and I will be adding it.

As you asked, what language(s) could you help me out with if I were to give you a big list of on-screen text that needed translating from English into.......?  :-)

AlwinHummels

As you asked, what language(s) could you help me out with if I were to give you a big list of on-screen text that needed translating from English into.......?  :-)

Thanks dude, I', dutch speaking so I can do that translations for you but I can also look for the German translations if you wanted.

You can PM me the list and I'll translate it for you ;-)

Lee - you can use the regular localization methods.  e.g. 

LocalizedStrings.Instance.GetString("DelServerDial")

Right now, all the localization still comes from the MBC machine and that may be the way it stays as each client may have very different requirements here.  Your theme should already have the logic to extend the localized strings via a "roc-strings-[language-code].xml" file as well because that is a part of the standard template.

So, it should just be a matter of creating the string file and putting all the right calls in.

• Like 1

From MCML you would use the following syntax:

[Application.LocalStrings.#HideFocusFrameConfig!cor:String]
  • Like 1

leedavies

Lee - you can use the regular localization methods.  e.g. 

LocalizedStrings.Instance.GetString("DelServerDial")

Right now, all the localization still comes from the MBC machine and that may be the way it stays as each client may have very different requirements here.  Your theme should already have the logic to extend the localized strings via a "roc-strings-[language-code].xml" file as well because that is a part of the standard template.

So, it should just be a matter of creating the string file and putting all the right calls in.

Awesome - thanks, you saved me a hunt!  +1

leedavies

From MCML you would use the following syntax:

[Application.LocalStrings.#HideFocusFrameConfig!cor:String]

Awesome - thanks, you saved me another hunt!  +2

Redshirt

there's a typo in the default string file that stops incrimenting the version from working. Unfortunately I don't have my pc handy to supply an example.

never mind. Looked when I got home and it looks like it's fixed in the current templates. Who knows how long ago it was actually fixed.

Edited by Redshirt