New testers needed for Windows 8.1 app

Luke

Overseer

Have a Nokia 2520 with Win8.1 RT and a couple of desktops (one with Win8.1 and Win10 Tech Preview).

silverscout

@@Luke

I know I have access to the Alpha area and haven't posted recently (still running around trying to ruin my... I mean make my life happier with planning a wedding).  I run and have ran the server on Windows 8.1 for awhile.  Sadly, (I say this loosely) I have not been running any media server right now.  why loosely you ask?  I am in the middle of an upgrade to another more powerful battlestation ;).  Hopefully the new board will be here Thursday or Friday.  The one they shipped me had an extra feature that liked to spark on initial boot.  Thankfully everything seemed fine but I don't like that feature.  Once I get everything back up and running I will be back up on the alpha version.  :)   Let me know what you need tested.   I also have an MSDN Account and can bring up a VM with Windows 10 (or any windows really) if you want to see how it works in that environment as well. 

New PC.  

• Windows 8.1
  • I7-5820K 6 core 3.3Ghz
  • Asus X99-A
  • 16 GB DDR
  • GTX970 4GB
  • Like 1

Ok! We had a few no-shows from the previous group, so for those who volunteered, if you're available to test starting today then please respond and we'll add you. Thanks.

Skkittlebomb

I have Windows 8.1 (PC) if you still need testers =)

Edited by Skkittlebomb

Thanks. The three of you should now all be able to see the win 8.1 alpha thread at the bottom of the forum.

SilentAssassin

I helped test the initial release of the Win 8.1 app and suggested some features which were implemented. I run the server at beta level so if testing the updated app can be done with the current beta server you can count me in.

I have a 2x Win RT tablet, a Win 8.1 tablet and a Win 8.1 laptop that I can test on.

silverscout

HI Luke, 

I run on windows 8.1 and just bought a tablet with 8.1 on it (still in the mail though...  :(  )

I also have a 2nd pc (really horrible Staples one from like 4 years ago) that has 8.1 as well. 

Maybe, stay tuned. Seems we only have about a 50% success rate of volunteers actually showing up for duty :)

you should have gotten a notification directing you to the alpha area. in any event, it's at the bottom of the forum .