IIS (Probably an un-doable/silly request)

Rowlett

probably showing my lack of knowledge on web developmement / designing but is there anyway MB3 could be hosted directly in IIS? or an easier way to get iIS to offload to MB3? only reason i ask is because at the minute i'm having to use URL rewrite / reverse proxy so that i can use MB3 on port 80 and 443 (this is needed as these are only ports allowed in some environments i use MB3) and it's becoming a pain to manage as with new release this tends to break :-(

i know there are others using apache2/iis doing the same thing and if a good solution could be found would make MB3 perfect!!! well for me as i have no other issues at all with it! :-D

p.s. you've done some amazing work on mb3 over the last couple of months and the transformation is impressive!!!... just when you thought it couldn't get any better....

Only way that happens is if IIS becomes portable and functions on any operating system. Actually up until recently MBS on windows 8 and windows server 2012 were using http.sys which is the same foundation that IIS relies on. But with this release we are removing that so that we can have one universal http server foundation for every operating system. it is just too much for us to maintain otherwise. not only that, but some of microsoft's implementations have fallen behind and we can't afford to wait for new versions of windows or service packs to update them, nor do we want to have to update every single app to work around it. So that is that.

ok cool - thanks for the update Luke, what would you recommend for hosting MBS in a multiple services situation over port 80?... i'm assuming move away from IIS lol

Edited by Rowlett

snazy2000

My way is bit advanced for average home user. I have a custom router running sophos utm that has a proxy (virtual web servers) i think they call for different domains then just sends the traffic to different server depending on domain. Works perfect for me :) can also make it translate port 80 / 443 to what ever port internally. My port internally is still 8096 but externally its 443 as i have a wildcard ssl for my domain name :)

Edited by snazy2000