How to fill in the server ip adress (UE55D8000)

heula

I want to go testing Mediabrowser on my Samsung UE55D8000 TV. I have installed the app but after opening it I have to enter the server ip adress. I can't add the numbers and port number because I don't see where the cursor is and when I am in the right box by trying and hit the number 1 on my remote it's a dot and I need to do someting with the blue button. When I dot that the pop up dissapears and nothing happens. The arrow buttons won't allow me to go to the numpad on the right of the screen. Is there an easy way to dot this because I don't want to spend days with entering just a number.

Thanks.

chessdragon136

The cursor will be in the top left box when you launch the app - there is a blinker but its right on the left hand edge of the box (I need to fix it at some point but it happens only on D series) 

Basically, to enter numbers you need to press the button to the left of 0 (ttx usually, may be a -) as that changes the input type from letters to capital letters to numbers.. Then enter the numbers and press the right arrow after filling in the current box. When moving boxes the text input switches back again so use the ttx button (again another d series bug i can't work out!)

On the bright side, you don't have to do this often

Edited by chessdragon136

Spaceboy

I did mean to post this yesterday to follow on from the update process thread. It updated ok after a hard reset but it seems more like the app doing something for a while post install which prevents it from loading.

Anyway back to this. Yes. It doesn't seem possible to move from the cursor box to the virtual keypad on the right when you want to enter ip. So you can't set the app up with the smart remote alone

crashkelly

I want to go testing Mediabrowser on my Samsung UE55D8000 TV. I have installed the app but after opening it I have to enter the server ip adress. I can't add the numbers and port number because I don't see where the cursor is and when I am in the right box by trying and hit the number 1 on my remote it's a dot and I need to do someting with the blue button. When I dot that the pop up dissapears and nothing happens. The arrow buttons won't allow me to go to the numpad on the right of the screen. Is there an easy way to dot this because I don't want to spend days with entering just a number.

Thanks.

I did mean to post this yesterday to follow on from the update process thread. It updated ok after a hard reset but it seems more like the app doing something for a while post install which prevents it from loading.

Anyway back to this. Yes. It doesn't seem possible to move from the cursor box to the virtual keypad on the right when you want to enter ip. So you can't set the app up with the smart remote alone

Hey,

Okay, some of this is from memory and some is from looking at the remote in front of me but not the TV as it is in the other room.

On the IP address and host name screen push the "More" button on the remote to bring up the virtual remote at the bottom left comer and work your way to the page that has the numbers. This screen basically mirrors what is dosplayed from the TV on the right hand side. First thing is .... nope memory ain't working have to look at the TV ....... just sec

ok, MB is offline for a SnapRAID backup so back to memory....

First thing, on the popup keypad from pressing "More" is to use the key to the left of the "0" to change what type of text is entered. As you push the button you will see the tabs along the bottom of the keypad on the right hand side change. Do this until you get to the numbers one.

Now you can enter the first three numbers of the IP address. Once done those three, use the ">" on the remote screen at the bottom left to move to the next window and enter the next part of the IP address .... rinse and repeat including the port # and you will be good to go.

Cheers and good luck

CrashKelly

Edited by crashkelly

CBers

i have the app installed but now it is asking me for the ip and port i have the ip but i dont know the port number is it 000000

The default port for MB3 is 8096.

@@chessdragon136 - is there any way of pre-filling the port field with 8096?

I know some people may use a different port, but I doubt there's many.

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

You can leave the port blank and it defaults to the default 8096

I so need a week or so to write some proper help pages!

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
adrian1876

The default port for MB3 is 8096.

@@chessdragon136 - is there any way of pre-filling the port field with 8096?

I know some people may use a different port, but I doubt there's many.

i have tried putting ip address in but no success can u help please