Error when opening plugin settings page

hpooni

I'm trying to develop a server plugin following the wiki guidelines.  I managed to create a basic plugin and deployed it to the server and it shows up under "My Plugins".  The problem arises when I add configuration settings to the plugin and attempt to display that page. I get "Error loading page" and the following exception is thrown in the log.

2015-02-03 09:19:14.1619 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /mediabrowser/web/ConfigurationPage?name=TestPlugin
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5490.2
Command line: C:\Users\nin\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\nin\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\nin\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
ServiceStack.HttpError
No Stack Trace Available

Note I've modeled the configuration setting after an existing plugin (NextPvr), Also, please note that I develop (using VS2013) on a different machine than the one running the MB server.  They're both running Windows 8.1.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

One version of the error message should have had a stack trace on it but, more than likely, you are missing the definition of the configuration page or its name doesn't match up with what you put in the html page or you didn't actually include the html page in your resources so it cannot be found.

Thanks for the your reply.  Below is the other message from the log.

2015-02-03 09:55:26.5359 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.0.48:8096/mediabrowser/web/ConfigurationPage?name=TestPlugin
Ip: 192.168.0.48:14528. Headers: Connection=keep-alive,Accept=text/html, */*; q=0.01,Accept-Encoding=gzip, deflate, sdch,Accept-Language=en-US,en;q=0.8,Host=192.168.0.48:8096,User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.94 Safari/537.36
2015-02-03 09:55:26.5359 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5490.2
Command line: C:\Users\nin\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\nin\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\nin\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
System.NullReferenceException
  at MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.PackageCreator.<ModifyHtml>d__5.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.<GetStaticResult>d__7.MoveNext()

I created Configuration folder with three config files (configPage.html, PluginConfiguration.cs, TestPluginConfigurationPage.cs) following the structure of the NextPvr plugin.

My best guess is you forgot to mark your html page as an Embedded Resource.  Be sure you did that and that your GetHtmlStream method is returning that resource.

My best guess is you forgot to mark your html page as an Embedded Resource.  Be sure you did that and that your GetHtmlStream method is returning that resource.

Wow, that was it!  Marked it as an "Embedded Resource" and it works fine.  Learned something new there.  Thanks a lot for your help, its very much appreciated!

Now I can move on to develop a real plugin.  :)