Sony Bravia KDL-40EX403 - Streaming not working

jonalderman

BrettB

Well you could compare the format being transcoded to with the formats the device supports. One thing I notice is the transcoding profile converts audio to ac3,aac. try changing that to just aac. that is just a guess. anything beyond that and i need a bravia to test with. that is unfortunately the nature of dlna, trial and error until it works

Hi Luke,

Tried that but no luck.

Here is an example of a file that plays direct fine if the minimum channels constraint is removed, but when transcoding it does not play.

Container:mp4      Video:AVC     Audio:AAC

Is there a way I can get the transcode to output to this format, at least I would know the output works?

Anyway attached is the latest log and transcode log limiting audio to AAC only.

Cheers

EmbyLog.txt

TranscodeLog.txt

post-36855-0-95001000-1433772779_thumb.png

Happy2Play

Go to where I posted above and change TS to MP4 and hit save.  This will create a custom profile, I recommend opening that custom profile and renaming it so when you look at the logs you know the correct profile is being used.

i would leave the profile as-is and try again on the next release of the server. there are some fixes that will benefit bravia's.

BrettB

i would leave the profile as-is and try again on the next release of the server. there are some fixes that will benefit bravia's.

Hi Luke,

Definitely getting closer thanks. New release, removed any user profile to make sure I was using the system and video is working.

However no sound when transcoding. I'll fiddle around and see if I can figure out how to sort that out.

Cheers.

jonalderman

Hi Luke

Like BrettB, have tried 3.0.5641.4, and definite progress.

Can play/stream files to Sony Bravia (2010) when file is transcoded (mkv, H264, AAC or avi, mpeg4, mp3) and picture and sound OK. Not yet got (ts, mpeg2video, mp2) to work, same as before.

I have documentation that says this model only supports MP3 and LPCM audio native, so if I want to adjust Sony 2010 profile for LPCM, is the prefix pcm?

Anyway good work and thought you might like to know it's paying off.

Thanks very much

BrettB

no, i think that would be aac. you can also try ac3

Looks like it is transcoding the audio to aac, and that should play fine. However it does look like it is transcoding to 6 channels, perhaps that is the issue. Can't see how to change that anywhere though.

Can see this in the transcode log filesas part of the parameters send to ffmpeg:

-codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 6 -ab 320000 -af "aresample=async=1"

Cheers

Brett

BrettB

Ok find this very interesting but also not sure where to from here. A video is perfectly compatible for playing direct, but goes through transcoding because of the condition: "VideoLevel Condition: LessThanEqual. ConditionValue: 41. IsRequired: True."

Audit is AAC stereo, and plays fine direct.

When it goes through transcoding, audio output still same as in AAC stereo, but for some reason there is no sound via transcode.

If I edit the profile and remove the condition that caused it to go transcode, then it does play audio.

Looking at the log files, it looks like the transcode output is perfectly fine, so why is there no sound when transcoding?

Emby log and Transcode log files attached.

Any pointers?

Emby Server Log.txt

transcode-8d13ba9c-8d63-44c3-a4fa-73afd1dc0673.txt

without having a bravia to test with, i don't know. but if you guys can get to the bottom of it, then i'll make whatever changes need to be made.

jonalderman

Hi Luke & Brett,

Updated results from latest testing with Sony Bravia 2010.

Now can stream (ts, mpeg2video, mp2) by editing profile for Sony 2010, to remove MP2 as a direct play audio codec in the DirectPlay section, so now reads,

<DirectPlayProfile type="Video" videoCodec="mpeg1video,mpeg2video" audioCodec="mp3" container="ts"/>.

However, now goes through transcode but sound plays fine.

In fact everything now goes through transcode, high cpu whilst it's doing it,  but have compared with SERVIIO and when play same files on SERVIIO they don't need to be transcoded, bit odd, same TV!

I would like to report an error with the playback that the fast forward button sends file back to beginning and not forward.

Hope that helps

Best Regards

Jon

BrettB

Ok, solved at last for the 2011 profile for me anyway. Weird byt transcoding to aac audio just did not want to work. Direct play aac works fine,

Anyway after much fiddling around I eventually just changed to AC3 and it just started working perfectly.

<TranscodingProfile container="ts" type="Video" videoCodec="h264" audioCodec="ac3" estimateContentLength="false" enableMpegtsM2TsMode="true" transcodeSeekInfo="Auto" context="Streaming" />

Attached is the Sony Bravia (2011) DLNA profile that seems to be working well for me (minor tweak also on conditions as direct play with aac 6 channel works fine too).

Cheers,

Brett

Sony Bravia (2011).xml

BrettB

It can stay there as transcoding now works fine.

I took it out because some of my videos were being forced to transcode due to that condition, yet they streamed direct absolutely fine with the condition removed.

ok, i've pushed a dev build with these changes. if you could try removing your custom profile and seeing if the dev build works out of the box that would be great, thanks.

BrettB

Ok, tested without a user profile and it works fine, thanks a mill !

I noticed you still have the maximum audio channels for aac sitting at 2 rather than 6, so I'll probably keep a user profile with 6 to avoid most of my movies having to be transcoded.

But it works ! :)

Thanks Luke.

Cheers

Brett

Edited by BrettB

• 1 year later...

The latest beta of Emby Server, 3.1.125, has numerous fixes for Sony Blu ray players from years 2013-2016. The changes will also be in the next stable release of Emby Server. Since I have a device for testing I am now able to test it fully and with the changes I've made everything is now playing perfectly.

It's possible that some of these improvements can be applied to older players or sony bravia tv's, but I do not have those devices available to test with, so for that I'll need to rely on community help. Enjoy.