Delete Database and Images

asmithau

asmithau

Hi All,

Quick question and sorry if this has been asked.

How can I reset the database and delete all the images so I can start fresh, without a full reinstall?

Thanks for your help.

Adam

rickster53

If you are talking about having MB refetch all metadata, artists, people and images.  Then you will probably have to:

Stop the MB Server

Delete the database

Delete all xml files in your media libraries

Delete all jpg and png files in your media library

Delete the IBN Artist and People folders

Restart the server

If you want to keep the existing metadata and just refresh all images, then don't delete the .xml files and do the rest of the steps

One of the Admins should chime in as I'm not 100% positive I've got all the bases covered...

Edited by rickster53

scharbag

I have one media collection that just refuses to show all of the folder art.  I have deleted the MB classic image files.  Both of my classic clients show the same missing folder images.  Will the above help with that?  I am at a loss as I can see the artwork via the web interface, just not the classic interface.

I just noticed that 3 folder images are also not showing up in the web interface too.

Cheers,

Edited by scharbag

scharbag

When this used to happen, I would delete the cache files in the old MediaBrowser directory.  Would this work on the new server??  This minor glitch is causing me to wanna start drinking!!

you should give us detailed examples. there are probably easier ways than starting your whole installation over.

scharbag

52769b16f0337_MB.jpg

The folders will not display.  I have deleted the MBC cache files as well as rebooted the servers and clients.

This all started after a server crash last night.  Also affected was the play state of my files but I blame that on Trackt (which has been deleted).

But, as you can see below, most of the missing folders are available in the web browser, with 3 missing (1 shown), even though the folder.jpg exists in the file structure.

52769c415e64a_MBB.jpg

scharbag

And on the Cache note, there is over 10GB of cache information on my 60GB SSD.  I think the crash may have been due to no more HDD space...  Another reason I would like to know if there are some ways to clean-up/limit the cache size.

turn off chapter image extraction by preventing the scheduled task from running. Move IBN to another location.

scharbag

What do you mean by "move IBN?"

AHH, don't mind the n00b, Images By Name.  It already is and I still have a \users\bleh\AppSata\Roaming\MediaBrowserServer folder size of 12.3GB.  The extracted_video_images folder is only 2.3GB but that is a start.

Edited by scharbag

scharbag

Given the media collection was all old shows, I removed and re-added it.  All the metadata and art seems to be back to normal now.  Playstates are all wonky but that is an easy fix.

• 2 weeks later...
scharbag

I am again running into issues where folder images are not being shown on the web client.

Any thoughts on how to rebuild the cache?

Cheers,

scharbag

First off, awesome program!!

I am probably screwing up the nomenclature.  When I had issues with images in the past, I would delete the image cache folder in MB2 and it would rebuild the images and fix any image issues.

The issue I am having is having some of the folder images are not showing up in the web interface and the MB Classic interface(see my post above).  This time it is in the movies section and I am missing 50-60 folder images.  I use MetaBrowser with MB Server.  All of the required folder.jpg files are in their directories.  The backdrops do display properly once you navigate to the movie but I cannot get the folder.jpg to display.

These problems all started back when my system crashed.  Before that, rock solid.  After that, folder.jpg images have been an issue and my played status reset on all of my media (that sucked a lot).  I have also noticed that the Backdrops Screensaver will sometimes only show the title name, and will not show the backdrop image.

I have restarted MB server, restarted the computer that runs the server, forced a refresh via the Classic client as well as via the web interface.  The images just are being stubborn...

So, is there a way to force MB Server to basically rebuild all of the images that it uses?  Or is there something I am screwing up?  Given I use MetaBrowser, should I have a specific MetaData setting in MB Server?

I am using 3.0.5061.25570 for server and 3.0.90.0 B11-3.1 for Classic.  All files are stored on a NAS box that is using CIFS shares.  Shares follow the UNC format of \\server\mediashare\mediatype (such as \\orion\media\TV).

And as I type this, I changed the cover size in MB Classic and the folder.jpg images will all display!!  I lied, the focus moved to a section that will display.  The folder.jpg (posters) will not display.  Sorry, it is early...

​Any help would be greatly appreciated.

​UPDATE:  If I change the web client to display a backdrop instead of a poster, all backdrops display fine.  Upon returning to poster, the problem persists.  Very strange...

Edited by scharbag

scharbag

There are 1000's of errors, mostly due to CreationTimeUTC as the files are stored on a ZFS NAS box, in the old logs.

I do have the following crop up:

2013-11-14 08:57:38.3922, Error, HttpResponseExtensions, Error occured while Processing Request: [AggregateException] One or more errors occurred.
	One or more errors occurred.
	System.AggregateException
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll(Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageWriter.WriteTo(Stream responseStream)
	   at ServiceStack.WebHost.Endpoints.Extensions.HttpResponseExtensions.WriteToOutputStream(IHttpResponse response, Object result, Byte[] bodyPrefix, Byte[] bodySuffix)
	   at ServiceStack.WebHost.Endpoints.Extensions.HttpResponseExtensions.WriteToResponse(IHttpResponse response, Object result, ResponseSerializerDelegate defaultAction, IRequestContext serializerCtx, Byte[] bodyPrefix, Byte[] bodySuffix)
	InnerException: System.ArgumentException
	Parameter is not valid.
	   at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Drawing.ImageHeader.GetDimensions(String path, ILogger logger, IFileSystem fileSystem)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Drawing.ImageProcessor.GetImageSizeInternal(String path)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Drawing.ImageProcessor.GetImageSize(String path, DateTime imageDateModified)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Drawing.ImageProcessor.<ProcessImage>d__0.MoveNext()

I do not know if this helps, but the above error is happening often.

Cheers,

scharbag

I can open them fine in windows or mac...  and it is odd that the problems are grouped...  I will try to delete those folder.jpg images and re-download.