A lot of questions from a noob...

JarleH

I'm pretty sure that parameter will do it when you hit stop too.  That's what we use with MBC.

I have done some testing, not gotten it to work. Please post the args you are using/sending to MPC-HC.

/play /close /fullscreen

think this will work but maybe it doesn't completely, because we also monitor playback and, when it stops, we close the player ourselves.

• 2 weeks later...

The Windows Server, Classic and Theater clients, do they all 'auto update', or do I need to do manual downloads to keep them up to date?

AdrianW

MBC will prompt you to update (it you're logged in as an admin user).

MBT auto-updates behind the scenes.

MBS will auto-update (assuming the "Check for Application Updates" task is scheduled) but will only restart when idle depending on the setting under "Advanced > Automatic Updates".

MBC may also prompt you to restart the server if it is pending a restart.

• Like 2

2 more questions:

1) When I first installed MBS and wanted to try it out, I didnt want it 'mess things up if I didnt like it, so I did not choose to save metadata in mediafolders. Now I have changed this so MBS do save the metadata in the media folders. But it does not look like it deleted the old metadata in the c\roaming catalogues. How can I clean this up?

2) If I choose to auto download subs, I guess MBS will not overwrite the ones I already have in srt (with correct naming format) right?

changing the setting will not move existing metadata from one place to another. it only affects the location where new metadata will go from that point forward.

2 - correct

changing the setting will not move existing metadata from one place to another. it only affects the location where new metadata will go from that point forward.

2 - correct

Thanks for the quick reply!

Can anyone give me a good routine for deleting the metadata from c\user\ so I have it only in the media folders?

Can anyone give me a good routine for deleting the metadata from c\user\ so I have it only in the media folders?

I am in need of some good advice here. Which folders to delete etc. Want to delete the old meta data on C and only have meta data in the media folders...

I have encountered a problem with MPC-HC and subs: if a movie/show got subs included lets say English, but I want to by default show the Spanish subs in an external srt file, I am not able to; then nothing is shown by default. If a show got no internal subs, the external srt subs are show always. But if I play shows with internal subs, no subs are shown by default if external subs are the ones I want to display...

Tried it with several shows. I am guessing its a MPC-HC setting, but I can not seem to get it to work. Please help...

Edit to clearify:

The external subs are loaded, but 'none' subs are selected when play, need to manually select the wanted subs.

Edited by JarleH

AdrianW

If you always want to use a specific set of subs then the easiest solution is to just remux the video with mkvmerge (part of mkvtoolnix)..

Drag the original video and any required external subs into mkv merge - then either set the preferred subs as default or just delete all the other subs and then press the "Start Muxing" button.

If you always want to use a specific set of subs then the easiest solution is to just remux the video with mkvmerge (part of mkvtoolnix)..

Drag the original video and any required external subs into mkv merge - then either set the preferred subs as default or just delete all the other subs and then press the "Start Muxing" button.

Maybe I have found the solution here:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-theater-computers/1270386-set-default-audio-subtitle-stream-mpc-hc.html

I have not tried it yet, but may be the way to fix it, to use load order. Hope this works!

Sorry guys for nagging about this, but I really want to clean up the MBS install. I am pretty sure some of you have done this several times...

CBers

Sorry guys for nagging about this, but I really want to clean up the MBS install. I am pretty sure some of you have done this several times...

I'm not totally sure where the files are stored, as I store my metadata in my video folders, but you'll need to delete all the metadata from where it is currently stored.

Be careful though, as MBS uses files with the same extensions for it's own use that that are created as metadata.

Long way round, you could install the Server Backup and Restore plugin to back up your current config to a non MBS folder, uninstall MBS, delete all MBS folders, reinstall MBS, install plugin, restore config. Just a thought.

Edited by CBers

• 1 month later...
JarleH

A bump for this. Would like to free up some space on C, only want media data/files to be stored in the media folders.

Any good advice on how to clean this up? Which folders can I delete on c\users?

• 2 months later...
JarleH

A bump! I need to clean up my installation before moving to new hardware/Win10. I ONLY want my media metadata to be stored in the media folders, nothing on C:/ etc.

Can anyone tell me how to clean up my MBS installation (I at first stored meta data in the prog folders, read previous posts)?

Or do I need to do what CBers here says; to use a restore uninstall/reinstall?

• 2 months later...

I was trying out Arctic Zephyr: Exploded skin in Kodi the other day, and in that process I lost 2 of my shortcuts/folders, and I cannot get em back.

One is a Music Video folder, and the other a Trailer folder. Trailers are set to Home Movies so Emby do NOT try to get meta data for it etc, the other folder I do not remember what type its set to.

Point is; Kodi does NOT find the folders any more. If I do into shortcut setup, Kodi does not see those folders on my Emby server, so I cannot longer set them up.

Any idea what is the problem and how I fix it?

PS! Looking forward to the new Emby Theater, I really hope it turns out great! I would love native full support for Emby server in a application.

Vidman

The emby for kodi addon will only sync movie TV and music media folders ATM , home video and music video content types are on the to do list

The emby for kodi addon will only sync movie TV and music media folders ATM , home video and music video content types are on the to do list

Ok, thanks for the fast reply!

One more reason to get a new good Theater native Emby application  :)

Wait a minute....if I do not remember wrong, the Music Video folder actually does does show up in Kodi, listing the titles. Does not remember which type its set to in Emby.

I checked it yesterday, Trailer folder is set to Home Movies, Music Video folder is set to Music something. I do not think either show up if I via Kodi browsing Emby, but the Music Video folder I think show up in Kodi if I reset Kodi shortcuts, not sure how...

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason, the last week or so, after installing 3.0.5724.3 I am getting a lot of messages about added media to my library, but nothing has been added. Ranging from just a few to more then 100 pr message.

Known bug in last version?

AdrianW

For some reason, the last week or so, after installing 3.0.5724.3 I am getting a lot of messages about added media to my library, but nothing has been added. Ranging from just a few to more then 100 pr message.

Known bug in last version?

You might be right. I just check my inbox and I have messages re: added items that add up to a lot more than I actually added today.

-edit-

@@Luke - this is definitely an issue, I've just seen a "2 new items have been added to your media library." - 2 minutes ago message, but my last library scan was 8 minutes ago.

Edited by AdrianW

• 2 weeks later...

You might be right. I just check my inbox and I have messages re: added items that add up to a lot more than I actually added today.

-edit-

@@Luke - this is definitely an issue, I've just seen a "2 new items have been added to your media library." - 2 minutes ago message, but my last library scan was 8 minutes ago.

This is still going on, no idea what actually are 'added'...