Missing Preview for link file

colchar

colchar

Since an update a litle while back, I have lost image previews for tv shows that a hyperlinks for a different section. I have an all TV section, then links of TV Series in other sections. At the front it used to show their previews, but it hasn't for the last few weeks, I am not sure why. If I go into the section they all show and work prefectly.

You can see below its just empty.

5275b71cbdad3_preview.png

Here you can see once you go into that section they all appear.5275b858375e9_preview2.png

colchar

Sorry for my late response to your reply, I didn't see this here, I had been looking in the General Discussion and thought it had disappeared. I have the log for you.

Log.

Edit: Log moved to paste2.org by Redshirt.

Edited by Redshirt

Thanks but that is a server log and the issue you are reporting is in MBC.  I'll need to see that log.

Colchar,

I see you are also using throgsoft themes. I have noticed the same phenomenon as you. However in my case eventually the recently add/watched titles have eventually reappeared.

Perhaps a full refresh of the server could be best.

colchar

Thanks for the reply guys. I have changed it to the default theme, it still isn't showing any previews. I have refreshed numerous times over the last month also. Links for movies seems to work fine, its tv shows that aren't working.

I also tried creating a folder for a tv show and then linking the seasons within that folder and that doesn't show up either.

Then my best guess is that, the way you have set these things up with links is causing them to not actually be recognized as TV.  If you go into one of these linked collections in the web client, do they show up properly as TV Series, Seasons and Episodes?

colchar

Yes when you click on it you can see in the second picture that it displays them perfectly and it all works as it should. When I first set it up it all worked. Then there was an update about very roughly a month ago and they stopped showing up.

Go into the web client and find your episodes within those collections.  Drill all the way down to the detail on a single episode and hit the "Edit" button.  What is in the "Display type" field?

colchar

I drilled down to where you suggested, I don't see a display type. The only type I can see is a Source Type. And that says Episode. Is this what you meant?

528204137439c_sourcetype.jpg

colchar

Ok looking at others that makes no sense that it says episode, thats a file source type. I don't have a display type field that I can see.

Sorry, yes that's what I meant.  We changed the name of that field recently.

The only collections that don't show the recent list are the ones that are created with shortcuts, right?

He says they are functional when traversed normally.  The only difference with the RAL would be that I would be making a call for items of type Episode against a collection with the recursive parameter.  Of course, the episodes would only exist at least two levels down in recursion via the linked items.

I guess it could also be something funky with play states or added dates in this situation as those would be the other possible filters involved.

colchar

What would you like me to show you? This is the target in one of the shortcuts

"\\diskstation\Media Centre\TV Shows\Better Off Ted"

Once you enter the selected library everything works perfectly, its just the preview.

Luke, I don't think it is a problem with the API as I found this in his logs:

2013-11-08 04:57:42.7643,Debug,,added list for Kids TV loaded with 50 items.

That tells me I am getting results back from the API call.

colchar - Please go into the web client and go to any item detail page.  Then, up in the url where you see id=xxxxxx replace the xxxxxx part with the following, hit enter and tell me what you get:

2e81bc9b-88bf-6f12-141b-a1d27fccc638

Then do the same thing with:

161dea55-9c8a-f7c8-c4ec-764d0cf0a209

and tell me what you get then.

colchar

Thanks ebr, I have done that. The first query string change just displayed a different TV Series from my collection, the second gave me the Parameter item cannot be NULL