Best way to set up in the library?

Smaky

I pulled down the zip file with the folder structure and imported my video files, however the metadata doesn't seem to be picking up anything from TMDB.  I tried to manually identify and I'm not getting any artwork.  Thoughts on what I'm missing?

Thanks for sharing your work!

yaksplat
7 hours ago, bhelm1 said:

I pulled down the zip file with the folder structure and imported my video files, however the metadata doesn't seem to be picking up anything from TMDB.  I tried to manually identify and I'm not getting any artwork.  Thoughts on what I'm missing?

Thanks for sharing your work!

Did you set up the library as movies?

Hi guys,

Thought I'd jump in as well. :)

I setup all my Looney Tunes as TV Shows under "Looney Tunes" with year seasons such as "Season 1929".

To me this was a much cleaner way and treats the episodes pretty much how you would see them on TV and allows NEXT UP and other TV functionality to shine through that you would lose using Movies.  Sure it might be a bit harder setup but worth it IMHO.

Carlo

yaksplat
58 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hi guys,

Thought I'd jump in as well. :)

I setup all my Looney Tunes as TV Shows under "Looney Tunes" with year seasons such as "Season 1929".

To me this was a much cleaner way and treats the episodes pretty much how you would see them on TV and allows NEXT UP and other TV functionality to shine through that you would lose using Movies.  Sure it might be a bit harder setup but worth it IMHO.

Carlo

The problem is that this was never a series. They were all shorts, treated as movies. So what's your solution to only watch bugs bunny? Or what if you want the one with the alien baby and have no idea what year it was?

Yea, I totally agree it wasn't really a series and was a bunch of what we would call shorts these days.  Looney Tunes is sort of in limbo land. :)

I admit there is no "best way" to handle these.  There does seem to be two different solutions that people make work.  I don't advocate one way over the other.  I just personally went the TV Show way and put in the "hurt" to identify each "short" and then matched them up with the metadata provider for naming.  This way I get NEXT UP type functionality and it would be a good way to have them if using the Virtual TV plugin (I think).

This is just something that needs a bit of brute force to make it work, one way or the other!

11 hours ago, yaksplat said:

Did you set up the library as movies?

I at first set it up as TV Shows but just tried as movies and now I get, "no items found"?

Happy2Play
17 minutes ago, bhelm1 said:

I at first set it up as TV Shows but just tried as movies and now I get, "no items found"?

Can you go over exactly what you have done.

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Can you go over exactly what you have done.

I have ripped disc by episode, downloaded zip file containing folder structure and nfo files, placed the m4v files in this structure and added the folder path to Emby, first as TV Shows and this worked but the artwork did not show up.  I then removed the TV Show setup and re-added as Movies but now it shows "no items found" after scanning library files.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, bhelm1 said:

TV Shows and this worked but the artwork did not show up

Using the zip provided in the topic has to be Movies.  I haven't tested but in no way work as tv as all the provider ids are wrong in the provided nfo file.  Now as Movies not every item will have a image.  Best you will get is Screen grabs.

Small sample from Tweety.  Easiest to show from folder view.

folder.thumb.jpg.1515a4d039558edd7fcb30829a9b31af.jpg

8 minutes ago, bhelm1 said:

re-added as Movies but now it shows "no items found" after scanning library files.

Did you by change add a subfolder library path that is part of another library?  But many need to see all libraries you have configure, as no library can contain a subfolder of any other library.

6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Using the zip provided in the topic has to be Movies.  I haven't tested but in no way work as tv as all the provider ids are wrong in the provided nfo file.  Now as Movies not every item will have a image.  Best you will get is Screen grabs.

Small sample from Tweety.  Easiest to show from folder view.

folder.thumb.jpg.1515a4d039558edd7fcb30829a9b31af.jpg

Did you by change add a subfolder library path that is part of another library?  But many need to see all libraries you have configure, as no library can contain a subfolder of any other library.

I think I got it, I was adding the root folder that contained all the show folders not the individual show folders Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, etc.  It picked up and is now showing the shows, so I'm assuming this is the correct way to add these.

Thanks for your help!

image.png.f3a3c67dbce25335da44d4f8ecb6fd2a.png

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, bhelm1 said:

I think I got it, I was adding the root folder that contained all the show folders not the individual show folders Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, etc.  It picked up and is now showing the shows, so I'm assuming this is the correct way to add these.

Thanks for your help!

image.png.f3a3c67dbce25335da44d4f8ecb6fd2a.png

Not knowing your other configured Movie Libraries I personally would not point to the specific folders.  In my example I dropped the Tweety folder directly in my Movies library and showed you via Folder view the results.

1 minute ago, yaksplat said:

You should just be able to point to the Looney tunes folder. That's how I have it and it catches everything.

That is how I started but had added them as TV shows, but got no artwork.  I then deleted that setup and add them as Movies, but no go.. when I do that I get nothing, even selecting folder view shows no folders.  When I added as TV Shows I at least got something?  The folder is not part of any other library.

image.png.1277121f16e3efe7c4ac6f61ce4160df.png

image.png.c938581a61bccc65809e63d4325bd35f.png

Just now, cayars said:

Hi,

What's the md127 for?

What do the season and files look like in this directory?

MD127 is the name of my Hard Drive array, inside of the I have 3 folders, TV Shows, Videos (Movies) and Looney Tunes.

Happy2Play

@bhelm1 The end question would be do you have a library already pointing to /mnt/md127?  Can you show a screenshot of Dashboard-Library.

21 minutes ago, yaksplat said:

You should just be able to point to the Looney tunes folder. That's how I have it and it catches everything.

That depend on if the folder is already part of another library.

7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@bhelm1 The end question would be do you have a library already pointing to /mnt/md127?  Can you show a screenshot of Dashboard-Library.

That depend on if the folder is already part of another library.

Setup:

image.png.2d6196ce6e2b885970367a0c581369f3.png

Happy2Play
Just now, bhelm1 said:

Setup:

image.png.2d6196ce6e2b885970367a0c581369f3.png

That is correct.  Do you see anything in the folders tab?  Only other thing I can think of would be permissions.  Can you post a server log.

I would say that's not good.

If you mount to /mnt/md127/Looney Tunes you lost the "Looney Tunes" folder.  Instead I'd try something like

/mnt/md127/shorts as the mount point with

/mnt/md127/shorts/Looney Tunes as the folder under the mount point.

3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

That is correct.  Do you see anything in the folders tab?  Only other thing I can think of would be permissions.  Can you post a server log.

No, nothing listed.  Log attached.

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

Don't know the exact meaning but issues within that path. System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file

2020-09-03 02:30:11.211 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /mnt/md127/Looney Tunes
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.4.3.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 5.4.0.45
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/mnt/md127/Looney Tunes/Peppy Le Pew/Little Beau Pep� (1952)'.
	File name: '/mnt/md127/Looney Tunes/Peppy Le Pew/Little Beau Pep� (1952)'
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 
	No Stack Trace Available

Ok I deleted the folder structure, added a folder for Shorts and then added just the Bugs Bunny folder into Short.  That worked, so I then added all of the remaining folder in and rescanned and seems to be okay now.  I did combed through and removed those random symbols as cayars noted afterwards just to be safe.

Thanks everyone for your help!

• Like 1

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

I'd wager it's the special character in the name after "Pep".

It might be OS related as I am not seeing this issue in Windows testing this one.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/mnt/md127/Looney Tunes/Other/The Fighting 69�th (1941)'.