Standard MB2/MB3 Image Saving Convention

DarWun
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

daedalus

really ?

but ok i edit something in the metadata editor and the changes dont get exported to an existing xml metadata file

or an new file got added to the library and no xml metadata file get created i got only images saved to the filesystem

the last time it got broke i got an error message like mentioned in this post but now there is simply nothing

Edited by daedalus

Keep in mind this plugin has been pulled from the catalog and is now unsupported. I am no longer testing it directly, but if you can provide specifics and if easy fixes are possible, then I will do them. So that's why I'm looking for a little teamwork here, otherwise there are just not enough people using this for us to continue spending time on it.

Well the type of library item would be a pretty useful piece of information to know. I was expecting you would go into such detail when I asked for a specific example.

daedalus

happens to all types (episode, series, movie)

and the xml saving option is completly gone in the metadata settings

Edited by daedalus

Happy2Play

happens to all types (episode, series, movie)

and the xml saving option is completly gone in the metadata settings

Is this a new installation?  Everything is still working on my stable, beta and dev machines.

Edited by Happy2Play

daedalus

no just noticed this after the update to v3.0.8400.0

switched over to latest beta and there its working normal

Edited by daedalus

Happy2Play

XmlMetadata, Version=3.0.6143.6243

server v3.0.8400.0 broke the xml saver again now in the logs there isnt even an error in the metadata saver

My guess is that new xml saver update is not compatible with stable version as my plugin version on stable is "3.0.6134.23484".  Currently all plugins are not version compatible.

3.0.6134.23484 is fine on stable.

3.0.6143.6243 will not work with stable, however stable does not get updated to that version. So you must have been bouncing back and forth between stable and beta but not reinstalling your plugins after doing so.

daedalus

was on stable since the time it broke the last time

pretty hard to reinstall a correct version when its missing in the catalog

just noticed latest beta saves images not hidden even when set to do

xml file by contrast gets saved hidden

and the system.xml file gets saved now "unformated" with all tags in one line

Edited by daedalus

daedalus

v3.1.204.0 broke it again

XmlMetadata plugin, Version=3.0.6143.6243

Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.1.204.0
Command line: C:\Users\***USER***\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Processor count: 2
Program data path: C:\Users\***USER***\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\***USER***\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Der Typ "MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.IHasOriginalTitle" in der Assembly "MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.1.204.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" konnte nicht geladen werden.
System.TypeLoadException
    bei XmlMetadata.XmlSaverHelpers.AddCommonNodes(BaseItem item, ILibraryManager libraryManager, StringBuilder builder)
    bei XmlMetadata.MovieXmlProvider.Save(IHasMetadata item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    bei MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.<SaveMetadata>d__47.MoveNext()
Edited by daedalus

Happy2Play

Yep

016-11-01 12:26:52.7219 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.1.205.0
	Command line: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Could not load type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.IHasOriginalTitle' from assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.1.205.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
	System.TypeLoadException
	   at XmlMetadata.XmlSaverHelpers.AddCommonNodes(BaseItem item, ILibraryManager libraryManager, StringBuilder builder)
	   at XmlMetadata.MovieXmlProvider.Save(IHasMetadata item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.<SaveMetadata>d__47.MoveNext()