AAC multichannel playing as stereo on hdmi

Schroinx
Go to solution Solved by Schroinx,

Schroinx

There should be some way to set up MBT/LAV/Reclock to transcode multichannel AAC to 5.1 LPCM and pass on via hdmi, that the receiver will understand.

Deathsquirrel

Transcoding is a server function so you might want to post a feature request for configurable audio transcoding preferences by client.  Something like if my client is MBT send these tracks bitstreamed and transcode these formats to this preferred format.  Of course if you can use LPCM you can leave that track in your MKV files when you rip and select it in MBT.  Then no transcoding is needed.

Schroinx

No it is not. 

Transcoding is a server function so you might want to post a feature request for configurable audio transcoding preferences by client.  Something like if my client is MBT send these tracks bitstreamed and transcode these formats to this preferred format.  Of course if you can use LPCM you can leave that track in your MKV files when you rip and select it in MBT.  Then no transcoding is needed.

It is not in this instance, as it is the same as playing a file with MPC-HC. It can be done with LAV and Reclock. It just has to be properly set up, so I assume MBT can be setup likewise, then only MBT, or LAV will transcode. As far as I understand, multichannel AAC over hdmi is not understood by most receivers. 

Edited by Schroinx