hauppauge hd PVR

crazybbs

crazybbs

Hi,

I would like to know if someone has hauppauge hd pvr with a cable box as setup for live tv.

if yes, I would like to know if you found a way to know if cable box is On or not. I did a batch file to blast power on

but I don't have any way to know if cable box is on or not?

Thank you,

jasonwilliams

I have two systems setup with HDPVR.  One is configured with ServerWMC and other is using NextPVR.  I prefer NextPVR because it doesn't rely on WMC and I want to completely abandon WMC for MB3.

In the past, I had my HDPVR working directly with MC7 using HDPVR for DVBLink.  They stopped supporting the HDPVR a couple of years ago, so I'm not using it anymore, but back in the day, I had the STB communicating over FireWire with FireSTB and I recall you could send a command to request the "state" of the STB.  I didn't actually implement that, I was just using it to change channels, but I read is somewhere.

I just leave the STB on all the time.  Power consumption is pretty minimal.

Hope that helps!

Deihmos

I found nextpvr software to be so buggy and setting epg data required me to either pay or hack it from wmc. Have you considered replacing the cable box with a cable card?

Edited by Deihmos
  • Like 1

jasonwilliams

Have you considered replacing the cable box with a cable card?

For those of us in Canada, cable card is not an option, but I agree if you can use cable card, save yourself a lot of grief. 

• 2 years later...