Metadata Manager - Folders are now missing

dejavux2
Go to solution Solved by dejavux2,

no because it hasn't gotten that far yet. this is just to display the top level folders. i know it's a pain but if you could install chrome or firefox really quickly and test it would be helpful. you're not being asked to switch browsers, just to help gather information.

techywarrior

Okay when you say marking, exactly what do you mean? I'm asking because I don't use MBS to fetch my metadata. So I'm hoping if I understand correctly, that if I place all my TV shows into a folder separate of the movies, I can then in the Library settings of MBS set each grouping to their "unmixed" format settings and then be okay? Right? Sheesh... LOL

Yes.

So if you put all the movies in one folder "my movies" and the TV in "my TV" then when you add them to the library in MBS you add one library pointing to "my movies" and set it's type to Movies. Add another library for "my TV" and set that one to TV.

Now MBS will know what to expect inside those. MBS will still honor your metadata (if it matches the formats that it reads).

If you would like you can also test that by making a new folder and just copy a few movies into it.

that's odd. maybe try forcing refreshing with IE by refreshing the page and holding control and shift while you do that.

dejavux2

I have to go to bed, it's 1:20 AM here...

I will let everyone ponder on this one, and check back after work tomorrow.

dejavux2

Could this have anything to do with my Android Suite updating "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008" and "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010" ?

techywarrior

Luke, I can reproduce this issue by setting IE11 to emulation mode as IE10 in developer tools.

Dejavuex2, if you can upgrade to IE11 it will fix the problem.

techywarrior

Could not locate http://{ip_address}:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/scripts/jquery.mobile-1.4.5.js specified in source map http://{ip_address}:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/scripts/jquery.mobile-1.4.5.min.map.

Also getting an error on line 1159 in all.js

var type=active.type||active.tagName.toLowerCase()

may need to change that line to check if active is an object or if  typeof(active.type) != 'undefined'

for @@Luke

Edited by techywarrior

dejavux2

Could not locate http://{ip_address}:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/scripts/jquery.mobile-1.4.5.js specified in source map http://{ip_address}:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/scripts/jquery.mobile-1.4.5.min.map.

Also getting an error on line 1159 in all.js

var type=active.type||active.tagName.toLowerCase()

may need to change that line to check if active is an object or if  typeof(active.type) != 'undefined'

I have no idea what this means....

techywarrior

I have no idea what this means....

That was meant for Luke to help him track down the root of the issue.

I will try upgrading to IE11.... hate to do it, because I've had everything stable...

I don't think you would really see much difference between IE10 and IE11. (in a good way)

dejavux2

I just noticed another issue with this server upgrade...  My 'Specials' are showing up in the Seasons again.  Something in this upgrade set the "Airs After" field...  I had gone through every series and blanked out that field, so that the Specials would not show under the Seasons, and now that field is populated again...

Vidman

Isn't there an option to disable this feature without having to delete metadata feilds?

Edit: just had a look in the server settings and can't find anything. ..but I'm sure this used to be an option

Edited by Vidman

dejavux2

Installed IE11...  I can now see the folders in the Metadata Manager...  Thanks to all of you!!

If there is a way to disable Specials showing within the Seasons, please someone let me know how...  I have many, many shows, and it took forever to blank out those fields before...

Fields that are now populated (which I blanked out prior to this sever update):  Special Episode Info

Airs Before Season

Airs After Season

Airs Before Episode

Thank you!

EDIT:  Some of the Specials that now have these fields populated are LOCKED and were updated with this new server update.

Edited by dejavux2

dejavux2

I found it.... 

In the Metadata Manager, navigate to your TV Series, its under "Display Settings" within each "Series".....  Take the checkmark away from "Display specials within seasons they aired in"

post-6724-0-36591300-1421210846_thumb.png

You can mark this thread as SOLVED!!!

Thank you again to everyone that responded!!!

Edited by dejavux2
  • Like 1

dejavux2

Darn darn darn darn!!!  I'm so mad...  Not at Media Browser, but at Microsoft....  I lost my emulation when I upgraded to IE11...  I can no longer Emulate to an earlier version...which I need to be able to do...

So I might have to revert back to IE10, and keep FireFox around to use the MB Server....which I do not want to do...

Did anyone ever find out why this isn't working in IE10 anymore?

techywarrior

Chill. Press f-12. top tab in the dev bar is emulation. All the same emulation settings are there from before.

techywarrior

Great. Glad you are all sorted out. You really should keep up with the OS updates. (if you are worried about an update having issues or anything you can wait a few weeks) but I'd highly recommend that you keep any OS, and even most programs up to date as 99% of the time there is a very good/valid reason for those patches :)