Rollback to previous version

diaz1510

godbodian

Certainly no harm in starting a new thread and posting some logs. My library is similar in size to yours and I think it took 2 hours maybe to do it's initial scan (been a long time so I don't know for sure. But definitely not 16+).

Also, you have all the metadata already so it should have been relatively quick actually.

I know that's what I thought also. Because when I was testing it on my system during it's stint as a Dev and Beta Release, I think I remember a developer warning as to the length of scan, due to where MB3 was going with those updates (I could be off-base). So I figured, all the long or exaggerated rebuild or scan times were done. Like as of right now, I'm only at 67.7%. Eh, I'll be patient and just wait for it to be done.

We are investigating.  One question:  are you getting new images being created for all of your content?  I apologize if you have already stated this - moving fast today...

EBR, I think that could be happening. Is there a way to tell? Because right now if I go into MBC on the server computer or via extender it shows a blank screen but if I go into the Windows 8.1 app, folder designations come up but they are all blank (as of right now) except the smaller library of TV shows just popped up. That file folders is a total of 45 titles, whereas the movies file folder is 2300+.

Can you look in the physical folders for something that you think has already scanned and see if it created a bunch of new image files?

We think it may be doing that erroneously in some situations and that may be what is taking so long.

godbodian

UPDATE: The scan is completed. I just went back to check it after the post response and it was done. I'll start a new thread now or would anyone rather me send it to them directly (don't want to clutter up the forum unnecessarily). Also the server prompted me to restart for some reason, which I've done but now instead all the INITIAL info and metadata (meaning images and accurate titles) populates even while scanning (currently at 87.2% after restart).

godbodian

Can you look in the physical folders for something that you think has already scanned and see if it created a bunch of new image files?

We think it may be doing that erroneously in some situations and that may be what is taking so long.

I literally have all the metadata options turned off. I don't think was pulling anything. (Currently at 94% after last restart.)

UPDATE: Second scan is FULLY completed. Everything works now. This was the weirdest thing ever.

Edited by godbodian

techywarrior

I literally have all the metadata options turned off. I don't think was pulling anything.

It may not have been supposed to pull anything. But from the way ebr said it it may have been pulling images that it wasn't meant to.

godbodian
ebr, on 13 Jan 2015 - 6:37 PM, said:

Post them here and we can refer to them as needed.  Thanks.

No problem. I don't know which ones will be of value because today I have 10, so I'll post (attach) them all.

server-63556617600.txt

server-63556704004.txt

server-63556705237.txt

server-63556705254.txt

server-63556731332.txt

server-63556758610.txt

server-63556758721.txt

server-63556763807.txt

server-63556768691.txt

server-63556768722.txt

Looking at your larger logs I don't see anything too out of the ordinary.  Most scans are very short.  One of them goes for about an hour and is cancelled because new media is added so it needs to re-start.  It took as long as it did because a whole bunch of new media (or what it considered new anyway) was being probed for media info.