Rollback to previous version

diaz1510

diaz1510

I've had nothing but problems with the new version that was updated to today...I can't really even use the web client (which is the format I prefer to use) ti properly watch the tv shows.  I'd like to rollback to the previous one until the bugs are figured out...how can I do this?

techywarrior

We've resolved his issue. He was on stable and the changes to nested folders caused his library to no longer recognize his media.

Top level folders were changed from unset to TV and he is all working again.

diaz1510

LOL...yes...I'm pretty addicted to MB so I got a little worked up when things didn't work right...but all is well in the world now...

godbodian

Hey I'm also had this issue back when this update was a beta, so I rolled back to the official release, now this is the official release I'm kinda paranoid to update because I don't want all the TV metadata to be gone again. Especially because I'm a legacy user (MBC & Extenders) and the MB metadata tool isn't my personal preference as I still use MCM.

Edited by godbodian

Happy2Play

Hey I'm also had this issue back when this update was a beta, so I rolled back to the official release, now this is the official release I'm kinda paranoid to update because I don't want all the TV metadata to be gone again. Especially because I'm a legacy user (MBC & Extenders) and the MB metadata tool isn't my personal preference as I still use MCM.

If you list your folder structure we can point you in the right direction.  The TV Naming (see Complex Folder Structure) may help with changing subfolders content type to display proper folder content.

godbodian

I'm technically fine now as I've done what needs to be done to rectify the issue but now my problem is that MBS is literally stuck on library scan, scanning one tenth of one percent per every 15 to 45 minutes. I don't fill my library is that large. It never took so long prior. Like I said before this update is confusing....

Happy2Play

You would need to post a log file. to possible identify any issues.

godbodian
Happy2Play, on 13 Jan 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:Happy2Play, on 13 Jan 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

You would need to post a log file. to possible identify any issues.

I have several logs for today, which should I post? I ask because this realistically started at midnight tonight or this morning rather so, all of them could be pertinent. The largest (which is at 12:00a) or the most recent (@ 4:10a, which also appears to be actively updating...)

In total there are four logs for 1/13/2015 and they look as follows, within the logs folder provided by MBS;

• server-63556617600                                   1/13/2015  12:00AM  Text Document          7,495 KB
  • server-63556704004                                   1/13/2015  12:20AM  Text Document          1,184 KB
  • server-63556705237                                   1/13/2015  12:20AM  Text Document                 1 KB
  • server-63556705254                                   1/13/2015    4:10AM  Text Document          5,761 KB

Edited by godbodian

Happy2Play

To me it looks like it is completely rebuilding your library.

godbodian
Happy2Play, on 13 Jan 2015 - 05:02 AM, said:

To me it looks like it is completely rebuilding your library.

WHY THE @#)@#()$#@!! WOULD IT DO THAT?

This thing has been scanning for the past 4 hours and is only at 49%. C'mon.

Edited by godbodian

swhitmore

@@godbodian please start a new thread if you need support. It gets confusing for other people following these threads when you keep hijacking them.

godbodian

@@swhitmore, I'm not hijacking anything. I apologize if someone was confused, I honestly don't see how they could be but okay. I spoke on the original topic, on topic as you saw and at that point, all things were part of that conversation between Happy2Play and I. Which I did not think would be an issue given he (much like yourself) is a moderator as well.

In addition, NOONE answered the original question of how to rollback to a previous version. It was simply stated that whomever issue was resolved, as opposed to providing that information.

techywarrior

There is no rollback to previous versions so we are trying to help you fix the problem.

I'm surprised that it is taking so long to build your library though if you already have all your metadata and images in compatible MB formats.

nydude25

There is no rollback to previous versions so we are trying to help you fix the problem.

This is a major obstacle.

It's been stated that this is done so intentionally to prevent support issues, but it seems like support issues arise because of the inability to rollback after an update with major issues. Maybe this policy should be addressed?

• Like 1

godbodian
nydude25, on 13 Jan 2015 - 2:41 PM, said:nydude25, on 13 Jan 2015 - 2:41 PM, said:

This is a major obstacle.

It's been stated that this is done so intentionally to prevent support issues, but it seems like support issues arise because of the inability to rollback after an update with major issues. Maybe this policy should be addressed?

Exactly. Well said.

Also thank you @@Happy2Play, I wasn't aware nor could I find those threads in my limited search. Again thank you.

I'll just rollback and wait for the update after this. Hopefully then it'll be less problematic for me personally.

Edited by godbodian

To our knowledge, there are no "major issues" with the current release - simply some additional requirements for some users.  So, we are attempting to help you find those requirements to get you setup properly.

You moving back to the older version will not help you continue to use the system going forward.

godbodian

Hey EBR, with all due respect (and I mean that literally because I was just remarking to another user how although it's become somewhat more difficult to receive support in someways, you have never been rude or lax in understanding in my interactions with you), I don't know if your are aware of my other posts or topics but I've been rebuilding (or more accurately MBS has been rebuilding) my library since between 12 and 1am this morning (my time, of course) and approximately 14 to 15 hours later (it's 3:24 here) the scanning is at 65.4%. All of which time nothing can be accessed on any device via any aspect of MediaBrowser that I've purchased.  If it's not an issue, I don't know what else to call it because I personally wouldn't think that it's "normal". In the full scope of my problem with the current update. I tested it when it was in Beta and in Dev, which was why I rolled back to the official in the first place. While then I didn't have the long scanning issues, I had no media and no metadata. When I updated as it became the official version, everything was fine with exception to those "labeling and mixed folder" issues. I followed instructions per some Devs and other Mods, now I'm in a 15 hour scan.

I apologize because I'm not arguing with you, it's just to be honest disheartening when it appears that you are being dismissed as if I have nothing better I could be doing or I just want to be a distraction or cause "forum" issues, when I just wanted to watch my movies and show on the software I enjoy using. I don't have a super large library. It's only 2.98 TBs over 2,383 items. Per what was explained, my issue is the positioning of my folders and their labeling. If that warrants a 16 hour scan, please say so and I'll be okay but the Devs have to be more patient in their explanations. I understand they are busy but it is what can often appear as a dismissal, without satisfying the individual's need for true understanding or the actual "issue" lends to moments like these. (Not you per se as this is your first time speaking on the matter.) I'm not a Dev, if I had that knowledge this conversation wouldn't be taking place.

Again thanks for the response and I hope you don't feel my criticism was of you or your work, directly.

Edited by godbodian

No worries and no, I don't think a 16 hour scan should be considered normal.  Something abnormal is obviously going on and I'd like us to get to the bottom of it.

But, if this were a major issue with the release, we'd have a whole lot more people with that issue - so it must be something somewhat obscure or unusual that is causing it.

Most of what people are complaining about are the new requirements around some forms of mixed content or TV series organization and those are not major issues with the release.  They are new requirements that need to be understood and then adjusted for.

godbodian
ebr, on 13 Jan 2015 - 4:04 PM, said:

No worries and no, I don't think a 16 hour scan should be considered normal.  Something abnormal is obviously going on and I'd like us to get to the bottom of it.

But, if this were a major issue with the release, we'd have a whole lot more people with that issue - so it must be something somewhat obscure or unusual that is causing it.

Most of what people are complaining about are the new requirements around some forms of mixed content or TV series organization and those are not major issues with the release.  They are new requirements that need to be understood and then adjusted for.

Okay, I can understand that. So what is my next step? Just wait it out, create a new thread and post my log?

techywarrior

Certainly no harm in starting a new thread and posting some logs. My library is similar in size to yours and I think it took 2 hours maybe to do it's initial scan (been a long time so I don't know for sure. But definitely not 16+).

Also, you have all the metadata already so it should have been relatively quick actually.

Okay, I can understand that. So what is my next step? Just wait it out, create a new thread and post my log?

We are investigating.  One question:  are you getting new images being created for all of your content?  I apologize if you have already stated this - moving fast today...