Windows games not showing up in MBC Config

Spaceboy
Go to solution Solved by Spaceboy,

Spaceboy

As the title says, everything has been set up correctly. .gbwin files in place, library has been refreshed many times, all paths are correctly set but the windows and dos games are not showing in MBC Configurator to be assigned to the actual executable.

I see many people reporting this on the old forum and no proper solution seems to have been given

Do you mean the configuration of GameBrowser Classic?

A screen shot of these issues is usually worth more than 1000 words.  Thx.

Spaceboy

hi, its difficult to know what to show you a screen shot of. yes, i'm trying to set up gamebrowser in the configurator of mb classic. everything seems to be on the latest versions. all games have been scanned into the library and show up fine in the web client and also in mb classic.

but i understand the next step is to put a file such as game.gbwin in the game folder where i used to have a .lnk file with mb2. i'm then supposed to setup the plugin in mbc configurator, i should see the games showing up in the window on the left of the Windows tab and then link this to the real game .exe. but i cannot see the games to link to the .exe. it seems mb3 is not detecting the .gbwin files but i have refreshed the library several times and tried it from a mbc install on two different pc's.

cheers

Spaceboy

527452f186f6d_Screenshot20131102011721.p

i'm expecting to see all games on the listed on the left that have a game.gbwin file in the folder. there are 19 that should be shown

Hey, just a thought. Have you tried entering the path to your executable first? that might trigger the showing of files/games that it can play...

I wonder if this is a display issue as everything looks a bit screwed up in that shot.  Do you have your DPI setting bumped up?  If so, try taking it down to 100% and see what happens.

Sorry to cut in but i seem to be missing the games for pc too in windows 8.1/ mbc3/GB3.028 heres whats going on so far

..I place a zip file called game.gbwin in the folder where the shortcut used to be in 2.62 then configure GB3 where they will now be showing or am i missing steps..cheers5276da7d2b4c8_pcmb3.jpg ...all the others show up, pc games show up in browser client too...

Redshirt

Spaceboy & psmc, are either of you running dev level server. Preferably 3.0.5054?

Spaceboy & psmc, are either of you running dev level server. Preferably 3.0.5054?

3.0.5050.37565 is that right ?

also mb-classic version is 3.0.88.0 B10-29.1

Edited by psmc

Redshirt

There is a potential issue if the MB server has multiple profiles that would stop windows/dos games from showing up in the client plugin. I just need a user on a dev build of server, who is affected, to test. 

• Like 1

• Solution
Spaceboy

hi, this is now fixed. i don't think it was the dpi setting although that did fix another problem i was having!

i've been on hols so difficult to know if the recent server update fixed it? i did have the situation redshirt describes, 2 users

thanks anyway!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
greenvalor7

Sorry to bump an old topic but I searched the forums before asking my question (imagine that!) and found this thread.  I'm having the same problem as the original poster. game.gbwin files are in each game folder under C:/games/PC/NameofGame, library has been refreshed many times and art and game listings show in MediaBrowser Classic. All paths are correctly set but the windows and dos games are not showing in MBC Configurator to be assigned to the actual executable.  Everything had been working fine until I went to add a game today and couldn't.  Reading a previous post I deleted a couple .db files and now none show up.  Any suggestions?  

(MediaBrowser Classic Version 3.0.129.0 2-12.2, Gamebrowser 3.0.0.30 and MediaBrowser Server  3.0.5171.19958)

Pic:53168451307e0_rsz_gamebrowser_issue.jpg

Redshirt

I'd start by removing the link to C:\Games\PC in the media library, it's redundant as you've already got C:\Games there. Can I see a screenshot of your platform config in the dashboard. 

greenvalor7

Originally I didn't have c:/games/pc listed and had just c:/games, i added hoping it would help but it didn't. I just removed the entry. Here's my platform config:

53169206dc69a_rsz_1plat_config.jpg

Redshirt

Underneath that PC directory you have a directory for each game with a .gbwin file in those directories? Try running the scan media library scheduled task now that you've made the changes and see if they show up after.

greenvalor7

That's correct.  In the first screenshot there's "Alice Madness Returns" as an example.  The path is C:/Games/PC/Alice Madness Returns/game.gbwin.  I reran the media library scan but the windows games are still not showing up in Gamebrowser Classic Config.

Redshirt

I need more info so we can determine which plugin is actually the problem. Client or server.

So I need you to right-click on the MB Server icon in the system tray. Then navigate to "View Api Documentation->Swagger". A window will open up in your browser. In the list, find the section called GameBrowser and expand it. Then click /GameBrowser/Games/Windows to expand that. Then click "Try it out!".

Can you past what it outputs in the response body section.

greenvalor7

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

Here's the output:

Request URL Response Body
{
"ResponseStatus": {
"ErrorCode": "NullReferenceException",
"Message": "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.",
"StackTrace": "[GetWindowsGames: 3/6/2014 11:22:29 PM]:\n[REQUEST: {}]\nSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.\r\n at GameBrowser.Api.GameBrowserUriService.<Get>b__8(BaseItem i)\r\n at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.MoveNext()\r\n at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)\r\n at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.<GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext()\r\n at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)\r\n at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)\r\n at GameBrowser.Api.GameBrowserUriService.Get(GetWindowsGames request)\r\n at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object )\r\n at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, TRequest requestDto)",
"Errors": []
}

}
Response Code
Response Headers
{
"Date": "Thu, 06 Mar 2014 23:22:29 GMT",
"Server": "Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0",
"X-Powered-By": "ServiceStack/4.00 Win32NT/.NET",
"Transfer-Encoding": "chunked",
"Access-Control-Allow-Methods": "GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, OPTIONS",
"Content-Type": "application/json; charset=utf-8",
"Access-Control-Allow-Origin": "*",
"X-Application-Error-Code": "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.",
"Access-Control-Allow-Headers": "Content-Type, Authorization",
"X-Ua-Compatible": "IE=Edge"
}

Redshirt

OK. So something is wrong with the server setup. Do the games show up properly in the web ui?