Windows? Why? Take a look at MB home page...all mobile

marcisikoff

Deathsquirrel

I have used wmc with mb2 and now mb3 for many years. In my view and my usage, mbc is no different than mb2. Mbc runs and plays the same as mb2 did. Yes, there have been many improvements but i could run mb2 and my family would not know the difference.

Ps: i have always used the same theme and an external player in mb2 and mbc.

Mbc meets my needs, its great. Just as mb2 did and was.

But now other people can run other clients on other platforms!  Surely that causes you some form of mental anguish.  God knows it keeps me up at night.

• Like 1

balkerman

But now other people can run other clients on other platforms! Surely that causes you some form of mental anguish. God knows it keeps me up at night.

no...

It's my personal experience given the way i use it. My experience has nothing to do with anyone else.

wolfbuddy

I too eagerly await the day that MBT is read for prime time so I can ditch MP & MCE totally. I'd be happy to donate to encourage more devs to work on it :-)

MB3 is such an awesome platform, I feel that "dumbing it down" via MP plugins does MB3 a dis-service. 

I agree and would really like to see MBT finished properly. I am using it as my main HTPC app because with MadVR I get the best image quality on my projector that I can find. It also feels good to ditch the outdated looking WMC (still required for MBC) for something more modern looking.

However, getting MBT running stably has been painful to say the least and navigating it with an IR remote even more so.

Sorry to say it, but the living room is the primary place to watch movies, so that should work as one of the first things.

This I also agree with. It should be the absolute primary focus

Edited by wolfbuddy

Swynol

i think people also have to understand that the devs, testers, etc are giving up their free time to help create a free open source product. You wont find many people offering their services for free these days.

• Like 1

Deathsquirrel

no...

It's my personal experience given the way i use it. My experience has nothing to do with anyone else.

That's very reasonable...and yet we have this thread so hardly universal :)

Hey guys!

It all comes down to branding.

Because mb is open source I am sure the led developers are open to suggestion as far as how the front page looks and what is presented there.

The main page has gone through several incarnations over the year, so mention it to Luke or Eric and I'm sure they are open to suggestions which would further better the product. In fact I know they are ;)

I started with MBT about a year ago. It worked pretty solid for me. I tried MBC and have been using that fairly steadily for the last couple of months. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I love MBT's program launcher to view Netflix and Amazon Prime. I tried relaunch for WMC but it is nowhere near as good as MBT's program launcher.

I also like the fact that from one screen with MBC and WMC I can access live\recorded tv, my movie/TV show collection and create playlists for tv shows or music.Something MBT is currently lacking. I'm hoping that eventually MBT will handle live\recorded tv as well as WMC does now. When that happens that will be the sole source of my video entertainment center.

For the life of me I could never understand streaming to a phone or tablet. In the early 1970's I was in the army and dirt poor. I was forced to watch a black and white 12" television for over two years because that was all I could afford. That will never happen again. I just don't see the point of trying to squeeze a 1080 movie onto a 4" screen but different people have different tastes and preferences. That's what I like about MB, something for everyone.

Personally I can't wait for MBT to be closer to completion. I have the feeling it is going to blow away the competition.  

• Like 1