Upgrade to newest MediaBrowser server and two new errors

smokey7722

smokey7722

While scanning my library after upgrading to the 3.0.5050.37565 I am seeing two new errors and the scanning also takes substantially longer.  While it used to take about 30 seconds for my entire library, its not taking 5-12 minutes.  I have not modified my content in any manner and the only change to MediaBrowser's configuration is enabling the EnablePeoplePrefixSubfolders option in the XML (pointing the ImagesByName folder to a network path) and I installed the new MB Intro's (0.0.2.1) plugin.

Below are the two errors:

This first one is interesting as there is no tvdb-v3 directory, only a tvdb directory.  This log entry also does not have any reference at all to a file or details for me to use to track it down more.  I would guess this is the Chappelle Show as thats the TVDB id (71862) for it, but there is nothing special or funky about the data in the shows directory (and it hasn't changed since April 4th according to file timestamps).  So troubleshooting this one I am not exactly sure how to proceed.

2013-10-31 07:19:29.7093, Error, App, Error running postscan task
	Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\adamz\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\tvdb-v3\71862'.
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
	   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
	   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
	   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
	   at System.IO.Directory.EnumerateFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.TV.MissingEpisodeProvider.<Run>d__6.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.TV.SeriesPostScanTask.<RunInternal>d__c.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.<RunPostScanTasks>d__5a.MoveNext()

The second is an odd one as well as this never used to happen but I get the following error on a few of my collections.  I'm used to the "Root element is missing" errors as I used MCM to create my collections but this new one below looks to be only for a few.  Interesting if I look at the folder.xml for the collection below Line 19, position 7 is the space after the "&".

2013-10-31 07:17:59.3260, Debug, ProviderManager, Running FolderProviderFromXml for \\randal_ro.quickstop.local\Movies\The Fast and the Furious Collection
2013-10-31 07:17:59.3260, Error, ProviderManager, FolderProviderFromXml failed refreshing The Fast and the Furious Collection \\randal_ro.quickstop.local\Movies\The Fast and the Furious Collection
	An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 19, position 7.
	System.Xml.XmlException
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.HandleEntityReference(Boolean isInAttributeValue, EntityExpandType expandType, Int32& charRefEndPos)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.FinishPartialValue()
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.get_Value()
	   at System.Xml.XmlReader.InternalReadContentAsString()
	   at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadContentAsString()
	   at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadElementContentAsString()
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.BaseItemXmlParser`1.FetchDataFromXmlNode(XmlReader reader, T item)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.BaseItemXmlParser`1.Fetch(T item, String metadataFile, XmlReaderSettings settings, Encoding encoding, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.BaseItemXmlParser`1.Fetch(T item, String metadataFile, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.FolderProviderFromXml.<Fetch>d__0.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Providers.ProviderManager.<FetchAsync>d__c.MoveNext()

Example XML for the above collection error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Title>
  <LocalTitle>The Fast and the Furious Collection</LocalTitle>
  <OriginalTitle>The Fast and the Furious Collection</OriginalTitle>
  <SortTitle>The Fast and the Furious Collection</SortTitle>
  <ForcedTitle></ForcedTitle>
  <ProductionYear>2001-2011</ProductionYear>
  <Added>11/20/2010 10:51:48 PM</Added>
  <TMDbId>9585</TMDbId>
  <CDUniverseId></CDUniverseId>
  <Language>English</Language>
  <Country>USA</Country>
  <Genres>
    <Genre>Action</Genre>
    <Genre>Crime</Genre>
    <Genre>Thriller</Genre>
  </Genres>
  <Description>The Fast and the Furious
Fast & Furious
Fast Five</Description>
  <Revenue>1556983991</Revenue>
</Title>
Edited by smokey7722

smokey7722

After a bit more research it looks like issue #1 I brought up for the Chappelle Show - that it is the only one showing this error.  So its just this one show doing it. 

While even more interesting is that the repeated errors for issue #2 are both for the Fast and Furious collection only as well.  I checked a few other of my collections and although most have real descriptions in them rather than just a list of each title included - I did find one, the Godfather Trilogy that has the same format and have pasted it below.  I do NOT get an error for that collection where I do for Fast and Furious.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Title>
  <LocalTitle>The Godfather Trilogy</LocalTitle>
  <OriginalTitle>The Godfather Trilogy</OriginalTitle>
  <SortTitle>The Godfather Trilogy</SortTitle>
  <ForcedTitle></ForcedTitle>
  <ProductionYear>1972-1990</ProductionYear>
  <Added>11/20/2010 10:51:48 PM</Added>
  <TMDbId>230</TMDbId>
  <CDUniverseId></CDUniverseId>
  <Language>English</Language>
  <Country>USA</Country>
  <Genres>
    <Genre>Crime</Genre>
    <Genre>Drama</Genre>
    <Genre>Thriller</Genre>
  </Genres>
  <Description>The Godfather
The Godfather: Part II
The Godfather: Part III</Description>
  <Revenue>429375314</Revenue>
</Title>

smokey7722

who created that folder.xml file? Having an & is not valid xml. Try pasting that here to see:

http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_validator.asp

It needs to be properly escaped. If we created it then I'll fix it so that it doesn't happen again.

Probably me :)  I'll modify that one and see if that fixes it.  Interesting though that it never errored until this current version when I upgraded of MB3.

smokey7722

for #1, tell me what your metadata settings are - rather, if you've changed any from their defaults.

A quick FYI on how my library is setup for reference...  I have all metadata downloaded via MCM manually for each title (movies only) and saved to its movie folder.  TV gets its metadata when sickbeard downloads and saves to its respective folder as well.  MB3 accesses each library via a read only share as to protect the content and metadata (its setup this way also for other clients / media servers in the house as well).  MB3 has read write access to the cifs share I created for the ImagesByName folder though.

From the Metadata page:

Basics:

Download metadata from internet (unchecked)

Save metadata within media folders (unchecked)

Preferred language: English

Enable automatic tmdb updates (unchecked)

Enable automatic tvdb updates (unchecked)

Image saving convention: Standard - MB3/MB2

Max number of backdrops per item: 10

Enable additional image downloading: enabled only for Music Artists and Music Albums.  Disabled for Movies, TV Series and TV Seasons

Enable video image extraction (checked)

Advanced:

Disable internet providers for: (all unchecked)

smokey7722

I'll clean the error up from the next release. In the meantime though, the library scan is able to recover and continue from that so it shouldn't stop you from using the server.

Yup it does, it just takes a LOT longer as it seems to be sitting there waiting for it to work or recover I guess?  I just manually kicked it off at 08:36:05.9353 (it was the last log entry before scan completion) and the scan completion was at 08:41:32:4490 so about 5.5 minutes it sat waiting on that.  That would make sense in the timing as before the update a scan could take anywhere from 15-90 seconds where this last scan just took 7 minutes 44 seconds.

smokey7722

http://www.ajzucker.net/server-63518774400.log

The scan I started manually this morning started at 2013-10-31 08:33:47.9908 completed at 2013-10-31 08:41:32.4490

I know there are a few path too long and collection.xml (empty ones from MCM) errors but they were there before and I have been slowly resolving the path too long ones.  Those are all in the music directories which are a mess and I have been cleaning them up.  Neither of those two ever really caused delays in scanning much though.

for #1, tell me what your metadata settings are - rather, if you've changed any from their defaults.

We are much more strict about our xml now. It is significantly faster to parse when you can assume valid input, and more memory-efficient.

I'll clean the error up from the next release. In the meantime though, the library scan is able to recover and continue from that so it shouldn't stop you from using the server.