MediaBrowser for Kodi 0.9.764 Released!

xnappo

xnappo

Hi All,

0.9.764 has been pushed to the Beta Repo and will be pushed to Stable in 3 hours pending any disasters.

We neglected to publish the changelog for 0.9.740, so here are both:

Features:
      - Complete new 'Background Data' scheme - 2x speed increase - on by default
      - Switch to built-in XBMC sorting (press left)
      - Use new 'Season' information from server - big speed up for episodes
      - Add option to use reduced image quality for low-end devices

Bug Fixes:
      - Fix rotater thread when only one image exists
      - Fix resume time displays
      - Fix 'Play all from here' for Music Tracks
      - Fix track order display for Music Tracks
      - More profile change fixes

Features:
      - Rename to MediaBrowser
      - Added Theme Videos
      - Added DiscArt to InProgress and Recent Movies
      - Added PlayList Items widgets
      - Enable new MB3 security scheme
      - Enable new service playback progress tracking
      - New more reliable caching system
      - Moved code into module to enable pre-compiling
      - Add more artwork to items
      - Refactoring of code
      - Beta testing of using background data
      - Ported over skin helper function from Marcel's Titan work
      - New 'API helper' class to translate MediaBrowser->XBMC
      - Reduce images to '1' when not in rotater code

Bug Fixes:
      - Fix search when backdrops for item are missing
      - Enable installing on Kodi
      - Add connection retries
      - Fix 'Play All From Here'
      - Various safety checks
      - Various fixes for profile changing

• Like 3

xnappo

Okay - it is released. 

Let the problems begin :D

You may need to force refresh the repo.

xnappo

xnappo

I quietly pushed 0.9.770 to stable. 

Bug Fixes:
      - Introduced method to update memory-resident data for watched/unwatched/favorite
      - Fixed NextUp widgets to update on playback stopped
      - Censor search results by userid
Edited by xnappo
  • Like 2

Guest scokar

xnappo:   nothing major, just informational.  I was using kodi/mb and realized, "oooh,  a new version, wonder when it came out?".    if the date was there, then I wouldn't have to quit kodi, open a web browser, go to github, look for the info I need, etc etc.

mediaGuy:  I have the same issue, also with Titan as well.   

im85288

@@xnappo - To be honest I never use the feature...but it did break for my skin when you reverted to using Kodi native sorting.

Titan and my skin had a built in mechanism for sorting using the media browser sorting fields:

S3c0rrH.png

Basically it calls the 

<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(plugin.video.xbmb3c,sortby)</onclick>

But that no longer works...I guess this sortby is no longer supported?

Edited by im85288

im85288

Fair enough, I'll revert that in my skin and I presume Titan needs to do the same.

xnappo

Yeah, but @@mediaGuy said it was greyed out in Nox which has me confused..  I have only tested it with Gotham, I will test with Helix tonight.

@@mediaGuy - in Aeon Nox you are going into say, 'Movies' then hitting 'Left' to select how to sort?

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

denethor

Ok, I reverted it and it's all working fine (with Helix  ;) )

I still couldn't find out how to set default sort option Helix :wacko:  Every I have enter in library I have to manually sort it to Date Added - Descending.

denethor

Why not use the 'Recently Added Movies' node instead?

Just curious why such a basic functionality is hidden Kodi :) I am a Plex guy. (by the way never used it in last 2 months thanks to you guys ;)

And I know that I can increase number of listed items in "recently added" ;)

xnappo

Unfortunately nothing about how this thing acts is 'basic'.  Getting Kodi working right through the Python API feels like trying to tune an engine with a paperclip sometimes.  I will take a look.

xnappo

So I tested this with Aeon Nox 4 (MB3 mod) and it remembers the sort setting.  So must be a skin issue.

• Like 1

mediaGuy

@@mediaGuy - in Aeon Nox you are going into say, 'Movies' then hitting 'Left' to select how to sort?

Not through movies - going straight into the add-in. I'd enter a list of videos, hit left, and see a greyed out sort.

Sorting used to work the "non-native" way. Now that's removed and the native way is greyed out in both skins I've tried.

denethor

So I tested this with Aeon Nox 4 (MB3 mod) and it remembers the sort setting.  So must be a skin issue

@@im85288 what do you think about the issue?

Unfortunately nothing about how this thing acts is 'basic'.  Getting Kodi working right through the Python API feels like trying to tune an engine with a paperclip sometimes.  I will take a look.

I was not trying underestimate anything regarding the topic. I apologize if you felt that way.  I was just pointing out the feature it self as a "basic" It was not about the add-on or skin. There are tons of features you can enable/disable/customize in Kodi. But I just couldn't find a setting for Library sort options.

By the way I now have a new idea, I think that sorting should be handled by Mediabrowser server as a user preferences. This way user can get same default/preferred sort option across all clients.

im85288

@@im85288 what do you think about the issue?

I was not trying underestimate anything regarding the topic. I apologize if you felt that way.  I was just pointing out the feature it self as a "basic" It was not about the add-on or skin. There are tons of features you can enable/disable/customize in Kodi. But I just couldn't find a setting for Library sort options.

By the way I now have a new idea, I think that sorting should be handled by Mediabrowser server as a user preferences. This way user can get same default/preferred sort option across all clients.

I do not have a strong opinion on it either way. If you see my posts earlier Titan and 1080XF are/were using the sorting from the MediaBrowser server and although I do not personally use it I thought it worked very well.

@@xnappo - decided to prefer using native Kodi sorting so I backed out my changes (but have not pushed a new version of the skin out yet with this included)...I am not aware of which skin your using...if it is 1080XF I'll try and get a new version out later today.

denethor

@@xnappo - decided to prefer using native Kodi sorting so I backed out my changes (but have not pushed a new version of the skin out yet with this included)...I am not aware of which skin your using...if it is 1080XF I'll try and get a new version out later today.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm on 1080XF MB3 3.0.99

xnappo

Give us some time to get the native sorting working better.  I reverted to native sorting because of a bug regarding keyboard access.  It should be possible to get it working just as well as the server side - we just need more testing and debug.

I wasn't taking offense at the 'basic' comment - I was just pointing out that I agree it 'should' be basic but there are a lot of complexities that need to be worked through.

Edited by xnappo