What is Gamebrower?

Zero_Kool
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

• Solution
Redshirt

You still need to have the various emulators installed, but gamebrowser allows you to configure mediabrowser as a nice front-end for your game library. If the standard media browser naming convention is followed, gamebrowser will also download metadata and art for game that have entries on thegamesdb.net

• Like 1

swhitmore

Who are some of the top GB users?

You rang? ;)

Just wondering what gamebrowser is?

Gamebrowser is bloody amazing. It's allowed me to turn my HTPC into a gaming console. I mostly use it for PC gaming, but occasionally when I get nostalgic. I'll crack out an emulator. It downloads all the metadata just like videos, and launches the emulator with the game loaded. You can set it up to force quit out of a game with the remote too. Handy for emulators that don't let you map a quit key. I use Xpadder with two F710 controllers, but if you have Xbox or PS3 controllers, you can use those.

Here is a video of my navigation. It's from an old MB2 setup, but the UI hasn't changed at all. http://youtu.be/iDPMQlLxlDY?t=3m28s 

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 1

Redshirt

Shaefurr and Swhitmore are up there. As is Starkadius. Of those 3, I think Starkadius is the most knowledgeable when it comes to emulator games. The other two are mostly PC gamers.

Skeletonkey is also fairly knowledgeable, but not a team player.

Edited by Redshirt

shaefurr

I actually havnt played any games since around the time MB3 came out, but I still keep it installed and ready to go. And like Scott I mostly use it for PC gaming.

Its odd but I go through periods where I play games everyday for 6 months or a year, then I'll not play any for the same amount of time. Then repeat. :P

If you have a library of video games - pc games, roms, emulators, etc, this will add them to Media Browser so that you can browse them, and play them on certain clients that support them.

swhitmore

How do you know if a game will be compatible with GB?  

Is there a list of supported emulators?

We are currently writing a KB article to help with all the questions. Should be out in the next few days.

• Like 1