Non Windows Characters Affecting Scraping

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

I'm finally the master of my media domain with a combination of Media Browser & Kodi! 

With the exception of.....

I understand the basics of tweaking my meta data for movies and music with the web client and removing .nfo files and .xml files in artist/album folders to refresh, but every time I try to add an album to a artist folder with a " : " in the title of the album according to MusicBrainz and TheMusicDB it throws a brick into the machine.

The artist folder populates an album.nfo  which nulls the artist from showing up properly in Media Browser and the folder has both an artist and album nfo file where the new folder has an xml file with just the album title info based on my folder name.

Since I can't use the " : " in windows to name the folder in which MusicBrainz and TheMusicDB recognize it I'm unsure what to do to have Media Browser scrape the album correctly.

I can set my scraper in Kodi to an outside source and scan the album, but the xml it creates is not recognized properly by MediaBrowser.

I believe it has something to do with the " : " in the title, but I could be nowhere on the mark. 

It is extremely difficult to search Google, or any forum for character related issues.

Thanks for any assistance!

Example of album with " : " in title....

https://musicbrainz.org/release-group/e3406a57-c74f-4ba7-98e8-11233cb4dbd3

Every other album has scraped in 99% issue free.

i could be wrong but i can't imagine there's actually an issue with the colon character or it would have been reported already.

you say 99% has scraped issue free? then for that last 1% i would use the Identify feature in the web client to match it to a music brainz artist or album.

atomicmoon

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

After reading the log files both instances of my database getting out of order it says....

Found multi-disc folder: F:\Music Collection\))) My Music (((\Puddle of Mudd\Volume 4 Songs In The Key Of Love & Hate

The other instance I have removed until I figure out where I'm going wrong, but the title of the album is Vol. 3 blahblahblach.

Are the scrapers looking for keywords that trigger it to be a multi disc set? Neither of the above albums are part of a multi disc set they are just named similar to one. They are discs 1/1.

I'll keep researching on my end, and post back if I find where my hiccup is, which is more than likely on my end.

Thanks again!