how to filter out sample files

dirkdigs

• 1 year later...
luundblad

@LukeWhere can i find this file on a synology ? installed emby from package center. I want to block sample files too.

Im inside the emby install folder but i cant find that "options.xml"  Even if i search for it.

a lot of folders :D 

Edited by luundblad

28 minutes ago, luundblad said:

@LukeWhere can i find this file on a synology ? installed emby from package center. I want to block sample files too.

Im inside the emby install folder but i cant find that "options.xml"  Even if i search for it.

a lot of folders :D 

HI, you can learn how to locate the Emby data folder here:

Emby Server Data Folder

luundblad
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Emby Server Data Folder

I have been checking all folders and searched for the file there already. Or is it maybe named something else on synology?

I have no "programdata" folder, and i cant find my library there 

Edited by luundblad

3 minutes ago, luundblad said:

I have been checking all folders and searched for the file there already. Or is it maybe named something else on synology?

I have no "programdata" folder, and i cant find my library there 

Hi, did you go through the synology specific instructions in the document that I just linked you to?

luundblad
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, did you go through the synology specific instructions in the document that I just linked you to?

I checked quickly but i will read everything then, I thought i already was in the right folder:

image.png.ebd14f0269310252840d6f8015ba9b5f.png

luundblad
On 31/05/2023 at 00:14, Luke said:

Emby Server Data Folder

setting it to "0" did not work for me, i dont want to see any folders named sample and mkv files ending with "...-sample.mkv"

Should i set it to 0 or a super high number? i really dont understand hehe :P 

image.png.692aaf276210c85da10800636e5bb449.png

Gilgamesh_48
10 minutes ago, luundblad said:

setting it to "0" did not work for me, i dont want to see any folders named sample and mkv files ending with "...-sample.mkv"

Then my suggestion is to delete them. Once they are gone from your file system they will be gone from all clients.

luundblad

yeah but i cant delete them, need to be seedes (torrent).
But the video file that get unpacked i could move to another folder(not the sample), but i dont know how to set that up automatically.

I use unpackerr to extract but it cant move files 😕

Gilgamesh_48
3 hours ago, luundblad said:

yeah but i cant delete them, need to be seedes (torrent).
But the video file that get unpacked i could move to another folder(not the sample), but i dont know how to set that up automatically.

I use unpackerr to extract but it cant move files 😕

Well, in that case just make a 2nd copy of the file and put it in a library that does NOT contain any torrents.

The copy command works wonders. Just keep your torrents in one location and your Emby library elsewhere.

luundblad
8 hours ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

Well, in that case just make a 2nd copy of the file and put it in a library that does NOT contain any torrents.

The copy command works wonders. Just keep your torrents in one location and your Emby library elsewhere.

oh okok, can you please tell me what what copy command u mean? :) 

*EDIT* haha you mean unpackerr ofc! yeah i did not think about that option! thanks!!! :)

Edited by luundblad

luundblad
9 hours ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

that did work but emby cant find the video files beacus they are not in a folder haha.... 

On 6/4/2023 at 6:54 AM, luundblad said:

that did work but emby cant find the video files beacus they are not in a folder haha.... 

why do you think that’s the case?

• 5 months later...
Guest Armalog

That solution doesn't work. Atleast not for me. And I have another problem with metadata for tvshows, zero metadata gets collected. Works with my movies.

On 12/07/2021 at 18:46, Carlo said:

Shutdown Emby Server.

Your library info will be stored in a path similar to this on Windows. Change the bolded text to be the username Emby runs under. This will be in a different location on platforms other than Windows but will still give you idea how to find it.
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\root\default

You will see a folder for each Library on your system.  Here is an example:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.freshdesk.com/data/helpdesk/attachments/production/2043224061573/original/lWY9e6IhM00EzPtGGOxzRmoo8im5Ng31tw.png?1622044197

Edit the folder that matches the library you want to edit and in that folder will be options.xml. Use a notepad/text editor program to edit this file.  Look for something similar to

<SampleIgnoreSize>314572800</SampleIgnoreSize>

Change it to 

<SampleIgnoreSize>0</SampleIgnoreSize>

Save the file and restart Emby.  You will then likely want to do a full library scan.

That solution doesn't work. Atleast not for me. And I have another problem with metadata for tvshows, zero metadata gets collected. Works with my movies.

21 hours ago, Armalog said:

Can you give us a bit of information on how your TV Library is setup on disk?

Can you provide a server log file right after scanning the TV Library?

Carlo

Guest Armalog
13 hours ago, Carlo said:

Can you give us a bit of information on how your TV Library is setup on disk?

Can you provide a server log file right after scanning the TV Library?

Carlo

It's not my TV library it's my Movies. I already "solved" it by deleting all the samples. This is an issue many people are struggling with and I have failed to find any working solution online. What information would you like? 

Guest Armalog
1 hour ago, jaycedk said:

@ArmalogYou should really stop using your download folder as your Emby media folders.

Not really my download folder but sure, thanks for the advice.